can't stop worrying

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2009, 01:53 PM
blue daisy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am almost 14 weeks now and I just cant seem to stop worrying that something is wrong, or will go wrong. My missed miscarriage last year really screwed me up. I ordered a dopler off ebay and should have it this weekend and will check in on baby then. I hope its not a struggle to find a heatbeat!! hello , more worry!
anyone else really not able to believe this can happen ( those who still dont have children)? No one understands unless they have had a loss ( especially one liek mine where I had no idea the baby died). I just want to be happy and know I will have a healthy baby.

sigh.
July 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say that it's normal to be worry, I was the same as you, I kept thinking that something was going to go wrong. I know it's hard but try to stay positive, if you have to keep telling yourself out loud that everything is going to be ok.

July 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
I'm not as far along as you, but I too had a missed miscarriage. My little one stopped developing around 4/5 weeks, and I didn't miscarry until over 8 weeks. So I am still in the "danger zone" as I see it.

Have you talked to your OB/midwife about your concerns? Maybe they can squeeze you in soon for a viewing of your little one in there and you can see thats its fine and cozy. And not too much longer and you will start feeling the little flutters and you'll know baby is doing great!!!

This part of pregnancy is the hardest....its so hard to stay strong and not just collapse with worry when you can't feel the baby.

July 8th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I remember how you are feeling. even though I still worry it is much less now that I am feeling movement everyday and I am so close... It is hard ,I will be honest. You are going to have to take it one day at a time ... Big hugs
July 8th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You sound exactly like I did just a few months ago. And, I looked up every doppler online in order to figure out how I could somehow get one to make sure my little one was OK. I also had a missed m/c and, you're right, it was hard to take. I thought everything was going to be fine and the BAM! I was hit with the horrible news that there no longer a hb. Hang in there! Everyone told me it would get easier, and, believe it or not, it does. I still worry every day. But, being able to feel this baby move has made a world of difference. Before you know it, you'll be feeling the flutters. And, just so you know, when you don't feel them "enough" you'll worry again. And then, once the baby becomes a gymnast, you'll feel even better. I don't think there are many women that don't worry after having a loss. And, all of our grads will tell you that miracles happen...just look at their beautiful babies!!!! Please take care and just take one day at a time. Know that you're not alone and you can always vent here. Hugs

July 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I worried right up until the day I had her....but I agree with Kelty, movement definitely helps. I did freak out a few times when I hadn't felt her move in awhile, but for the most part it did get better. Yes, m/c does mess with your head. And you are right, people that haven't had it happen can't really understand. So, you are in the right place for support. I was lucky enough to have what I call a "blissfully ignorant" pregnancy with my first DD before having three miscarriages. I really didn't think I was going to be able to carry another child. But she is sleeping right here next to me.....so try your best to stay positive and take it one day at a time. It can happen!!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
July 9th, 2009, 12:12 PM
blue daisy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks girls xo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search