Joining - having a rough day

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all. I am Michelle (27) DH is Steve (27)... got my BFP on Monday after a m/c in March (I was 7 weeks). Anyway, I am having a hard time staying positive today. I have been cramping quite consistently (just a pulling/stretching cramp) and I have been able to tell myself it was good to feel that kind of thing. It has been 4 days of reassuring myself.

So this morning I did a bad thing... I took a test and it was ridiculously light - still positive but much lighter than I thought it should be. Here is the problem with me testing... as I was POAS I could tell I was doing a bad job of it (not much getting on the stick i think - usually I PIAC and dip). So I know the result is likely not valid because it took almost 2 m inutes before the control window even had any moisture in it. But having seen it and still feeling the cramping I am freaking myself out.

Anyway... just needed to get that out. I am trying to concentrate on work and relax about it but with so many early losses in the TTCAL group and the TTC#1 group I am constantly fighting myself to stay calm and positive.

Does that go away??

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

Last edited by mlyster; July 9th, 2009 at 02:48 PM.
July 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle! I must have missed your BFP in TTCAL!!!! Congratulations and welcome to PAL! I am sooo excited for you. I have to be honest. After a loss, the worrying doesn't really ever go away. It jut gets better. Comparing hpts is a tough thing to do. Different dye lots, batches, brands and urine concentration make it really hard to do a good comparison. My OB told me that hpts are to let you know that you have hcg in your urine, and, that they really aren't to be taken to see if the line gets darker, lighter, etc... The best way to figure out if your hcg levels are going up is to have a blood test done. That being said, I still peed on about a gazillion hpts! True addict, I know But don't worry. You are pg and it's still positive. I had tons of stretching and cramping with this PG and it really scared me. Venting here was the best thing I could do because everyone has been through or is going through the worry of PAL! If it makes you feel better, take another test. But, you need to know, that unless it's negative, you're PG! Try to take one day at a time. The best advice given to me was to set mini goals for yourself. For example, make it to 6 wks, your first doc appt, your first u/s, double digits, 2nd trimester, etc... This will break down the time into manageable chunks. And, we'll be here for you the whole way! The ladies on this board are amazing! Jump right in...you'll know many of us from TTCAL!

Now, the important stuff...
So, when is your EDD? Have you joined your DDC? How did you tell Steve? Was he excited? Did you post pics of the bfp? (I'll have to go look ) Have you called your doc? I want details! I am soooo excited for you! I'm saying a little prayer for you and your little one and I'm sending tons of sticky dust your way! Again, WELCOME!!!!! yay!!!!!

July 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Kelty... I announced it in TTCAL on Monday but since I was picture girl last week I sort of stuck it in there - new topic but it has picture girl in the heading... didn't scream BFP in the title or anything.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...mentioned.html (2 more from my stint as Picture Girl *pg mentioned*)

EDD - March 15, 2009 (so I am 4w3d - super early)
I have not joined my DDC - just been lurking so far.
Just called my doc and have an appointment on July 24th. I am excited and nervous! I am going to a new doc in a group called MOM Care Docs. Basically it is a group of female doctors that specialize in prenatal care. It is all they do... I have heard fantastic things about them so since my own doc is on holidays (until August 31) I decided to try them out. I really hope I like it there!! Basically you see one of 11 doctors (or all of them if you want) and then one of them will be on call when you deliver so you will have a HUGE chance of knowing the doctor who delivers your baby (around here that seems rare).

I told Steve by simply blurting it out. I said, "nothing fancy or fun this time" and just handed him the test I had taken minutes earlier. He was excited but I think a little reserved as well. He probably feels some of the same fear as I do considering it was so early on in my pg that I started bleeding last time. My heart was beating so hard it was practically punching him as he hugged me after I told him . Then we both got ready for work and it was on with our day - for him it was probably business as usual... for me not so much.

I love the idea of mini goals... I will be doing that for sure! The first on is to my first appointment - which will be followed shortly by getting past my previous pregnancy length (7w).

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

Last edited by mlyster; July 9th, 2009 at 12:31 PM.
July 9th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome to PAL!
I have the same advise as Kelty, set mini goals and enjoy each day, I know how hard it is to set your mind to enjoy each day when all you do is worry, but try to stay positive, as hard as it might be. July 24th is just a little over two weeks away, it will go by fast.

July 10th, 2009, 11:23 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
HUGS Michelle...sorry I'm slow seeing/responding to this. It's definitely tough right after the BFP when all the worries start...just hang in there we're all here for you. I definitely agree with the mini-goal strategy...i went week by week and celebrated each new week i was able to move into, and especially when i got past my loss date. Now i've relaxed a little more and i'm celebrating monthly goals...but it definitely helps to break it into shorter-term goals so it doesn't just feel like a long dark pregnancy tunnel

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search