Childbirth classes?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you taking classes with this pregnancy? For those of you that have already taken them, what did you think of them?

July 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, for me, they were not very helpful. I had already read about everything that they taught you, and the questions I didn't have answered were answered during the hospital tour. But, at the same time, it was reassuring that I was more prepared than I thought.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
July 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM
..Red..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to, but don't think I can afford to. Plus, who knows when baby will come. I'm afraid to schedule something and find that I have to go earlier.

July 12th, 2009, 09:27 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We took Bradley classes with Cori and just had a refresher course this time. They are expensive, but we thought they were terrific. I felt very informed going into my births, and the relaxation techniques I learned helped me have med-free births despite having two inductions.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
July 13th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took Bradly and honestly I don't think they helped all that much, but maybe it was that dh didn't care for any of it, so I was left alone to do all the relaxation and all that stuff. I would say if you do it, make sure SO is in with you all the way.
Red, have you tried your local hospital? I know the one by us have those classes for $20.

July 13th, 2009, 09:13 AM
..Red..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Which hospital? Sharp is like $60. That's just too much. Do you mean Pomerado, Mercy, or Tri-city? I'd consider traveling for $20, since my folks are up that way.

July 13th, 2009, 09:58 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I honestly didn't take any classes.

July 13th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Red, Tri-city, they have a bunch of classes.

July 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Even though I'm a first timer, I don't plan to take any classes. The only one I'm considering if a BF class, and we'll see how I feel after reading a couple books I just ordered. I may do prenatal yoga offered through the hospital, but that's about it as far as "classes" go.

July 13th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Christine, I did not take the BF class and I do regret it, so I'm glad you are doing it, I heard it's a good one to take.

July 13th, 2009, 11:34 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, Patty. Bradley definitely has major emphasis on the husband/coach. My DH got a bit goofy during relaxation in class, but he did come through when it mattered. I think the instructor makes a huge difference too. Our was pretty open-minded and was more about informed choice than hard core natural childbirth.

Another major benefit for us has been that we've stayed in contact with the other families from our class. We still meet a couple times a year and chat about problems, milestones, etc while the kids play.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search