Savanah Grace-07/07/09-Birth Story

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2009, 08:46 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it has taken me a while to type this. Still trying to get settled and get things back to normal. I don't really know where to start but here goes.

I was put on bedrest on Tuesday July 1st because of my blood pressure and was told that we would be holding a baby girl by the following Tuesday. I broke down and was an emotional mess. I was terrified to say the least because I was concerned for her health. On MOnday, I went to the dr and I don't know how many of you have ever heard of this because it was something new to me, but the dr checked my cervix and I was high, thick and closed. not something that you want when you are scheduled for induction the following day. So, the Dr said that he is going to put SEAWEED (and yes I mean seaweed) in my cervix. I was just thinking, ok whatever works. Well let me just tell you that was not a very pleasant experience when your cervix is CLOSED!!!!!!!!!! He put 3 strings of it in and said that It should help to open up the cervix.

We arrived at the hospital at 5:15 the following morning and I was taken to a room while DH did all the paper work. The nurse removed the seaweed and to my surprise I was dialated to a 3. The seaweed is almost like a tampon. The seaweed expanded from absorbing the moisture and stuff in the cervix and that's what caused it to open. I was still high and thick though. I had an enema which really sucked and then they got my IV started and I took Cytotec to start the process moving along. I know there are bad things that have been know to happen with this but I had no complications whatsoever. DH was finally allowed back in the room and about 8:45 they started the pitocin. Up until this point, I was having small contractions that were not really painful at all. The dr came in about 9:15 or so and I was still only 3 cm and still high and thick. He said it's gonna be a day and that when I got to 4-5 cm we could do the epidural. He broke my water and said he would be back shortly. Well needless to say, about 15 minutes later the pitocin kicked in. My contractions I swear were back to back. I was given a shot of stadol and phernergan (i told DH never to let anyone give me that stuff again. It made me feel aweful.) until I could get my epidural and all I remember is that people started moving in a hurry. My mom made it up and her and DH were there for the birth. I finally received my epidural and by the time they got it in, Savanah was born about 10 minutes later. I don't think it had even started fully working yet. Everything happened so fast and it was over before I knew it. The dr showed up and I was already pushing. After about 10 minutes of pushing, Miss Savanah made her entrance into the world. They laid her on my chest as soon as she came out and all I could do was cry. We had been waiting for this moment for almost 2 years. There were no problems and at 36 weeks and 2 days, she was absolutely perfect. She weighed 6 lbs 2 oz and was 18 inches long. Her apgar was 9/9. I had no tears and everything went beautifully. They kept her in the room for about an hour and then took her to the nursery to finish getting cleaned up and all that good stuff. I stayed in Labor and Delivery for about another 2 hours so that I the epidural could completely wear off and I was then able to get up and finish getting cleaned up. About 2 I was taken to my suite over on the post partum floor. They brought savanah to us very soon after and our new life began.

I look at her and I still can't believe she is here and she is ours. We started ttc in August 2007 and after a m/c, and surgery, and a round of clomid and shots, we finally got our little miracle. I was ready to give up but the Lord knew when the time was right and he has truly blessed my life. I hope that everyone treasures every single kick, and punch and hiccup that you feel and that you even treasure those moments in Labor when you think you can't keep going because of the pain because when you first look into those eyes, it's all worth every single minute. The pain becomes a memory. Treasure every single moment that you have left of your pregnancy as well. I know everyone is anxious to meet their LO because i was the same way but I was expecting another 3 weeks or so. This was my last pregnancy and I already miss the movement and being able to feel her inside me. I find myself touching my belly and wanting to feel her kick just one more time. Enjoy every single minute because you blink and they are here. I hope that everyone has a wonderful birth experience and I can't wait to hear all about them and meet all our new babies that will coming into the world in the next couple months. I know it's long and if you made this far, thanks for listening and reading. I wish each and every one of you a very safe and wonderful delivery.

July 12th, 2009, 09:02 AM
..Red..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! And that is an amazing story. I had never heard anything about seaweed before.

July 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww...she is beautiful Jenn. Congratulations. Your birth story is terrific too, sounds like the seaweed worked wonders for you!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
July 12th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Seaweed? Wow...I've never heard of that. I'm so glad your induction went well. Is your bp coming back into the normal range? I have to tell you that your little miracle is absolutely beautiful. The pictures are awesome and you are soooo lucky. I have to be honest, you worded your last paragraph about missing the kicks and the PG beautifully. This is my last PG, too. and, I think I've worried so much about getting this baby healthy and here that there are times that I forget to enjoy the PG. Thanks for the reminder. Please KUP whenever you have time! And, don't forget more pics of your beautiful little miracle! Great birth story! Welcome to the world little one!

July 13th, 2009, 07:33 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
aww that's a great birth story and i'm so glad everything went well - she's absolutely adorable!

Oddly, i have heard of the seaweed...but in conjunction with use for missed m/c not for induction with labor. Glad it worked for you though and wasn't too painful or anything!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 13th, 2009, 10:13 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Jenn, she is beautiful. I'm so glad all went well and she's perfect. I agree about enjoying your pg, because you will miss it! Tyler was my last, too.

July 13th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I glad everything went well, and how fast she got here! I love the pictures of her looking at you, I think those pictures are truly precious.
I also do agree enjoy your pg you will miss it, you will rub your belly and then realize that he/she is not there but sleeping in his crib and for me that was a good weird feeling.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search