The closer it get the more freaked out I get

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 10 wks until my DD but I have never went past 35 wks. I'm starting to freak out a little. Someone posted in my DDC about a friend who was told she was having a girl and the baby was a boy. I admit I would be upset, I wouldn't mind 3 boys but I'm finally ready for a girl emotionally. Back story I gave up a little girl when I was a very young teenager(thought sex was love) and then out of all of my losses the ones where I knew the sex was girls(three girls). So if Norah turned out to be a boy I would be so sad that the powers that be didn't think I could be a good mother to a girl. It's the karma thing. I was so happy when I was told nick and Jon were boys because pregnancy wise I was so scared to be pregnant with a girl, but as soon as I found out I was pregnant this time I knew I would be OK carrying a girl.
I know I have had at least 5 U/S confirmations that she is a she. I guess with getting her dresser today and washing all of her clothes it's just hitting me. I could have a baby GIRL in 2-5 wks.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

July 12th, 2009, 03:27 PM
..Red..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh! Yes I understand. I think I was hoping this baby was a boy because of the loss was a girl too. I am just where you are too. 30 weeks along and 10 weeks to go. I'm super excited but realize that I might not have 10 weeks to prep. It's a little scary because with all the monitoring and testing I go through, they may decide it is better to have the baby come sooner than later. I know at my last NST baby must have been holding the cord or something because her hb dropped to 60 before going back up to 140ish. Already stressing me out.

Good luck. I think the chance of the baby changing sex is so rare that you should be fine. I think you'd be a great mom to girls. In fact, that you gave one for adoption just proves it.

July 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Red.. View Post
I think you'd be a great mom to girls. In fact, that you gave one for adoption just proves it.
I completely agree. You were an amazing Mom to your first little girl and you will be one to this little girl too.
July 12th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You will be a wonderful mother to your little girl. And, with as many u/s confirmations that you have had that it is indeed a girl, I wouldn't worry about it having "male parts". You're getting so close and I'm so excited for you! The clothes are clean. The dresser is ready. She just needs to bake a little longer before you get to hold her. I hope the worrying eases up so you can enjoy the rest of your PG!

July 12th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying not to stress. I am getting every Dr appointment possible out of the way for the boys, check-ups dentist, eye visits, ect... so I won't have to worry about Norah gets here. I have most school shopping done and only one more thing for Norah.
She's already my Princess.

July 13th, 2009, 07:39 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh Tina you'll be a great mom to your little girl! i agree with Kelty, the chance of a reversal on gender is so small...try not to worry about it. It is hard to believe you'll be holding her so soon!!!!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 13th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I worry too much. Today I was putting all of her clothes in her dresser and started crying. I can't believe I will have my baby girl in my arms soon. Did I mention she has three times as many clothes as the boys did.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search