I am scared...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2009, 08:09 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got my BFP today and was so excited and happy and thrilled and all of it... Now that it is starting to sink in I am scared. Have you gone through this? Is this what happens to us after losses or am I just being overly paranoid? Like I am just expecting to lose this baby before it even starts.... I lurked in the April DDC but can't bring myself to post, like I don't belong there. I am 3w3d pregnant now and so afraid of a chemical pregnacy and so afraid to ever go to the doctors for fear they will give me the dreaded news again...

Sorry for the venting but hopefully someone can relate.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 21st, 2009, 09:00 PM
megal40's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off congrats! I know it is hard but try to take a minute and be happy. Trust me you have lots of time ahead of you to worry. I can say I saw the word pregnant on the test and said "yes" and "oh no" in the same sentence. PAL is so different than just being pregnant. Every woman who has been through a loss can relate to the up and down emotional roller coaster you are starting on.

I post in my due date board but I always feel better here. I don't want women who have never been through this to get scared.

I am so glad you are pg. I hope that things go well and you get past the milestones of your past loss. This is a wonderful place. Keep us posted and come here as much as you need.

July 21st, 2009, 09:16 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
Missy I had no idea you were PG!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

I am so glad we are all due around the same time. I feel so comfortable with you ladies and feel like you all will know exactly what I am going through.

July 21st, 2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks girls, you are all so awesome.... I am going to be hanging out here a lot. It is so good to see familiar faces and know you understand what I am feeling. Like how could I ever go in a DDC and explain this? Thanks for your support.

Heather, I followed you in here, lol...

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

July 22nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
congrats again Missy, it's awesome to see you here!! it's definitely scary being PAL...you're definitely not alone - just take things one day at a time right now. HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 22nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome to PAL. The girls here are wonderful and we all know how scare PAL can be and we are here for you. I never joined a DDC, I always felt like PAL was my home and still is.

July 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your BFP and welcome to the board. We all understand exactly what you are going through. You are excited to be pregnant but terrified of all that could go wrong as it did in the past.
Just take it one day at a time, it does get easier.

July 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
wow, some of you are about due now... It really gives me hope! Thanks Ladies, you are all so wonderful!

July 22nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
MIssy! Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting. Yep, what you're feeling is normal. And, having the moms of PAL to lean on has been one of the best things for me. The ladies are amazing and they all understand. I waited for a very long time to post in my DDC because I was afraid to worry the other women, and I was worried I'd have to leave As you go through this PG know that there are times that you will worry and times that you'll feel pretty good. It's definitely a roller coaster! But, jump right in so everyone can get to know you. Keep us updated and let us know how things are going! AGain...Welcome to PAL!

July 22nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
This is going to sound strange, but I really feel your support through this computer. Like you really know and understand what I am feeling. It is like every little feeling, every little twinge is something scarry. I was cramping today and almost started crying. My BF told me to take a deep breath and relax, that I felt this all in the past and to just take each minute as it comes and the minutes will turn into hours and the hours into days and everything will be ok no matter what. It is almost like I am healing from my loss all over again but backwards. Just taking each little step and hopefully before I know it I will be 35+weeks and feeling a little better. Or maybe getting past the milestones will be what it takes for me.

Anyway, I rambled and just want to say thank you so much.

July 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Im new here, but I completely understand where u are coming from. Im 4w 2d, and scared to death. I have 2 kids already, and after my son, now 4, i experienced 3 m/c. Im hoping all is well with this one. So far so good. I try to think of the positives. And at this point, praying to the porceline gods is a positive!!!! I like that my boobs hurt...lol...it lets me know that things are going good! And sometimes crying relieves some stress. Just dont lose touch with the positive things....ok...good luck!...wish me luck too!
July 26th, 2009, 03:24 AM
.x~KAT~x.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to .x~KAT~x.
congrats on a BFP!!!! yay!!! i remember feeling exactly the same, after 4 losses i just couldnt relax. But i took each day as it came and slowly hit all the milestones! now look at me!

just try and relax, worrying dosent help just try and put your feet up as much as poss and eat some nice food....and enjoy fitting into your jeans for a few more weeks!!
July 26th, 2009, 09:32 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your BFP and welcome to PAL! PAL is a scary road with lots of ups and downs, but just take one day at a time, and enjoy each moment. The support here is amazing, and the people on here are very genuine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search