Possibly Pregnant

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2009, 10:43 PM
Hi! I'm new to justmommies but have come looking for some reassurance/suggestions/comments

To make a long story short last Oct. 2007 I got engaged In Nov. I found out I was pregnant (a total surprise as I was on BC) and on Dec. 31st I miscarried. I was at 10 weeks but according to the ultrasound I had lost the baby at 7 weeks.
Fast forward through a lot of stress and grief to last Tuesday.
I was sitting working on a project at work with a friend and co-worker when I happened to mentioned that when I was on the phone earlier that day (I work at a call center) talking to an individual I started to cry because of the the sad situation the individual was in. My friend laughed and asked me if I was pregnant. I told her there was no way I was pregnant as I'm on BC (Nuva Ring, last time I was on the pill . . . ). A few minutes later I made the comment that I really had to pee. My friend laughed again and jokingly asked me if I was sure I wasn't pregnant. I told her I'd better not be!
So, I go throughout my day without giving it a second though. That night, however, as I lying in bed I can't stop thinking about her "are you pregnant" comment. And thats when I realize that it had been about 6 weeks since I had gotten my period. Now, my period hadn't been regular since I M/C so I tried to convince myself it was no big deal . . . yeah, like that was going to work - LOL
Friday was a tough day for me, it would have been my due date. So, with the pregnancy comment still on my mindI went out and bought 2 pregnancy tests. I took one and it came up negative
That just really threw me b/c while the rational part of me knows that my fiance and I are in no position to have a baby right now (were getting married in 6 weeks and moneys a bit tight as it is for everyone lately) but my heart wants a baby so badly...

Anyway, fast forward to about 2 hours ago today. I still hadn't gotten my period and I had been telling myself that I needed to wait to take the 2nd test until this weekend I couldn't wait anylonger so I took the test and then jumped in the shower while it developed.

Now, here's where my confusion sets in.
You see, the last time I was pregnant both lines showed up right away when I took the test but this time only the control line showed up so I jumped in the shower to speed up the wait.
When I got out of the shower, sure enough, there was a bright pink and a second faint pink line = a positive test! Or is it??? The test said not to read the results after 10 minutes and I have no idea how long I was in the shower for! I shower pretty quick so I would be surprised if I was in for longer than ten minutes. But, I did shave my legs which takes longer . . . ugh!
I'm not upset, like I said my heart aches for a baby, yet I don't want to get my hopes up in case its just a false positive.
I plan on going to the store first thing in the morning and taking another test but still . . .

What if it's positive, will I be showing in 6 weeks when my wedding comes around?
What if it's negative, will my heart break all over again?
If it's positive when and how do I tell my fiance'? He kinda freaked out the first time . . .

And most importantly, if it's positive, does that make me the most fertile woman ever, to get pregnant twice while on B/C??? ugh!!!
July 22nd, 2009, 01:02 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry for your loss hun I would be confused to given the situation! It could be when you took your first test that I was too early to test really, and the second test could have been positive. Did the faint line have any colour to it? I would for sure be doing another test! I hope you get the result you want hun, let us know how you get on when/if you test again!

Oh, and I have fallen pregnant with all my children while I have been on BC too

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
July 22nd, 2009, 05:50 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First I am sorry you are under so much stress right now. I wouldn't worry about your wedding quite yet. I was 18 weeks when I got married and NO ONE could tell.
If I were you I would take another test or at least call your doctor. Also, tell your fiance you need him right now for support and understanding.
Please KUP!

July 22nd, 2009, 07:48 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about all of the stress you are under. I don't think you would be showing, so I wouldn't worry about that. I would go and buy some more test, or like Katie said call your doctor. About your fiance, I think he should know right away, but you know him best, for sure I would tell him way before the wedding. Good luck with all of it. KUP

July 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of this so close to your wedding. But, I agree with the ladies that you need to get another test. Test in the AM and pay close attention to the time limit. I can imagine how torn you are between wanting a baby and realizing you have a wedding less than two months away. No, you probably would not show at all...maybe a little bloating. And, hopefully, if you are PG, morning sickness would not have reared it's ugly head, yet.
I'd take the test and look at the results. Then, decide what you need from your DF. He'll be there for you. That's why you guys are choosing to spend your lives together
Please update us all and let us know how things go in the morning. And, if you can, take a picture of the test at the time limit if you want some input as to what everyone here thinks about the results. (These ladies are awesome at interpreting HPTs )
Please stick around so we know how you're doing! KUP and good luck!

Tags
miscarriage , pregnant on b/c , unsure

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search