Having trouble telling ppl

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know why but I am having serious problems telling ppl about this pg. I am way passed both my losses at 6 and 9 weeks. I am out of the first trimester. I still feel very scared. I guess all the stuff that happened with Benjamin has me feeling very unsure of how this pg will go in the last trimester. It doesn't make sense because i have to tell ppl before I am huge but I sometimes just can't find the words. What's wrong with me?
July 25th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It is hard.. I had a loss at around 2 weeks. So this pregnancy we waited to tell everyone until I had passed that milestone.. Believe it was hard not to tell .I have a big mouth. but we wanted to make it that far. Feeling scared probably will never go away.. I am one week from my c-section and I am still scared to death that something is going to happen . I want her to come now ,but she is being stubborn, but it does get a little easier. You do not go everyday worring about the baby... Chin up ...
July 25th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I don't know, I almost felt like telling people was jinxing it, kwim?

Good luck honey. Don't feel like a terrible person.

July 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We definitely waited to tell people this time...especially the boys. And, when I told people, I felt like I was "pretending". It was weird. I think your feelings seem to be pretty normal. The loss hurts so much so "admitting" that you're pg to other people is so dang hard. Hang in there. It does get better. I didn't think it would, but, it does. I'm glad to hear everything is still going well, though. And, pretty soon you won't be able to hide it

July 27th, 2009, 07:00 AM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I am now 19 wks, I still don't really get excited about telling people.

July 27th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. It makes me feel much better that I am not alone on this one.
July 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I was scared to tell people too. DH started telling people after we saw heartbeats that we were having twins, so I've had to backtrack and tell people we are having just one baby. I'm so excited on one hand that I'm in my 2nd tri, and things are going great- and I'm showing, but on the other hand still scared that something could happen.
Nothing is wrong with you, anxiety and fear get to all of us. I think I have found the more I say it, the easier it gets now.

July 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are having a hard time telling people.....We waited until we were 12weeks before telling most of the family. I did not have that problem, I was very excited to tell everyone I knew or did not know.

July 27th, 2009, 10:46 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was so scared to tell anyone as well we waited til I was at least 10 weeks to tell family.
As for work I really only told my boss and the office gossip and that wasn't until I was about 18 weeks along.. I figured that way I didn't have to tell anyone else as she would spread it much faster than I could.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search