Low Hcg levels?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Strongmom's Avatar Member
My dr's office called me today to tell me that the hcg level at approx 15-17 dpo was 174 and then said " were gonna repeat the hcg tests until your level is under 2 then you can ttc again." What the heck. I just had a stillborn in dec which followed 5 m/c's. They found out why I had all he m/c's- blood clotting disorder. I lost my son at 22 wks from an cord accident inutero. Then I ot pg really quickly. I should be due around 11/11. I had another hcg done today, but I have to wait for a couple days to get the results I'm a wreck. I think my level is within range. Dr seems to think differently.?????????????????????????????????????? ?
Anyone?
DD 08-31-94
5 miscarriages
1 stillborn - 12-23-05

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> !</MARQUEE>

My Pregnancy Page
March 14th, 2006, 04:58 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry for your losses. I guess you are asking if you levels are low enough to start ttc? From what I understand, you wont start ovulating again until your levels are 0.
March 14th, 2006, 06:41 AM
No, I was looking for hope that I'm not losing this one. I should be 5wks 3dys. I've read that my hcg level is in normal range but dr says I will m/c without even checking for anything else. I'm not bleeding. I'm waiting for results of 2nd hcg test done yesterday. I don't want to wait, I'm a wreck.
DD 08-31-94
5 miscarriages
1 stillborn - 12-23-05

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> !</MARQUEE>

My Pregnancy Page
March 14th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cant remember what DPO i had my blood drawn, but I remember everything I read put me on the lower side of a viable pg- all the charts said I was ok, but still they were low and it freaked me out. But things didnt end for me, so I am hoping they dont end for you either. Hang in there!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
March 14th, 2006, 10:09 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My dr's office called me today to tell me that the hcg level at approx 15-17 dpo was 174 and then said " were gonna repeat the hcg tests until your level is under 2 then you can ttc again." What the heck. I just had a stillborn in dec which followed 5 m/c's. They found out why I had all he m/c's- blood clotting disorder. I lost my son at 22 wks from an cord accident inutero. Then I ot pg really quickly. I should be due around 11/11. I had another hcg done today, but I have to wait for a couple days to get the results I'm a wreck. I think my level is within range. Dr seems to think differently.?????????????????????????????????????? ?
Anyone?[/b]
I think your Dr office is confused. 174 is a perfectly normal number for 15-17 DPO

At 14 DPO, the average HCG level is 48 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-119 mIU/ml.
* At 15 DPO, the average HCG level is 59 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-147 mIU/ml.
* At 16 DPO, the average HCG level is 95 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 33-223 mIU/ml.
* At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.
* At 18 DPO, the average HCG level is 292 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 70-758 mIU/ml.
* At 19 DPO, the average HCG level is 303 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 111-514 mIU/ml.
* At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
* At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml.
* At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml.
* At 23 DPO, the average HCG level is 2034 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 506-4660 mIU/ml.
* At 24 DPO, the average HCG level is 2637 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 540-10,000 mIU/ml.

March 14th, 2006, 10:24 AM
ocmorrishome's Avatar Regular
ok ladies what is DPO? Sorry I am kinda new this the web sight. An Margo where did you get the scale?

Thank you

Olivia
March 14th, 2006, 10:34 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
ok ladies what is DPO? Sorry I am kinda new this the web sight. An Margo where did you get the scale?

Thank you

Olivia[/b]
DPO is Days Past Ovulation and I got the scale at www.conceivingconcepts.com

March 14th, 2006, 12:21 PM
As if it isn't bad enough get this. OMG. The lab that drew my 2nd hcg yesterday called to have me come in to redraw my blood. There was an accident at the lab they said and my blood was spilled. What kind of clowns are these people. I'm going nuts waiting for results and they are breaking test tubes!!!!!!!!!
DD 08-31-94
5 miscarriages
1 stillborn - 12-23-05

My Pregnancy Page
March 14th, 2006, 12:34 PM
hopin4a4rth
Oh for goodness sakes!!! I'd be so p-oed!!! You can't even tell for sure what your numbers are unless you get 2 done w/in 48 hrs!! The fact that they are doubling (or close to it) is the thing that they are supposed to look at... not what they are at x DPO.

Ugh. I'm sorry they are being like this for you. I'd be so frustrated w/ them... especially now that they spilled your blood. Grrr..
March 14th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Hooray!!
Hooray!!!!
I got my hcg results today. 3836 up from 174 a week ago.
Dr did a quick u/s and found a sac and fetal pole!!!
WooHoo!!!!!!
DD 08-31-94
5 miscarriages
1 stillborn - 12-23-05

My Pregnancy Page
March 15th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Regular
Quote:
Hooray!!
Hooray!!!!
I got my hcg results today. 3836 up from 174 a week ago.
Dr did a quick u/s and found a sac and fetal pole!!!
WooHoo!!!!!![/b]
First I wanted to say congrats to you. And second I had a quick question for you. I have had 4 m/c's and after the last one my doctor did some testing and found that I to have a blood clotting disorder and that my body clots the blood off to the baby resulting in m/c. My doctor put me on the low dose aspirin and I have to take one everyday until I deliver. He said that for some reason(they don't really know why) the low dose aspirin corrects this clotting thing to the baby. If it was'nt for the aspirin everyday I would lose this baby to.
I was wondering if your doctor recommended this to you??? The asprin is perfectly safe to take and will not harm the baby.
Holly

March 16th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Holly,

I also have to give myself heparin shots everyday with my baby aspirin. I take prednisone too to prevent my immune system from attacking the baby!!! The blood clotting thing is actually an auto-immune disorder. It sounds weird, but it's true this came from a fertility dr's mouth. Our bodies fight off foreign objects and pregnancy is foreign to our bodies. The meds I take , Iingers crossed. believe don't cross the placenta (aspirin and heparin & prednisone), therefore they don't enter the baby's blood at all. Ask your dr about this too. If you wanted more answers you could go to a fertility dr for a consult to get more info. You've made it to 25 weeks though you should be fine with what you are on. I had to pay $370 to have a consult, but it was the only way that my ob would see me without sending me to the high risk dr's that took me off the meds my last pg and I lost baby at 22 wks.
This pg should work. Fingers crossed!!!!
DD 08-31-94
5 miscarriages
1 stillborn - 12-23-05

My Pregnancy Page
March 22nd, 2006, 05:46 AM
hopin4a4rth
So glad that you got to see the little one & the HCG's went up so much!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search