Need some answers from you ladies...regarding spotting

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2006, 08:48 AM
sallym's Avatar Veteran
Hi..I am from teh october DDC. Someone suggested I post here to get info from you guys.

TMI Alert.
Last night...I wiped myself and noticed some brown blood mixed with CM. I wiped some more a bit later and it was becoming light red. So I called my dr. and she said that as long as it wasn't like a regular period and as long as I didn't see clots...or had any cramps...then it wasn't anything to be worried about. So I wore a pad all night and went to the bathroom like every hour..and no bleeding (THANK GOD). But even today when i wipe myself..I am noticing some brown blood. Whats going on? I never had this with my son. The dr mentioned that its normal or it may be a urinary or vaginal infection. I will see her tomorrow morning at 8 to make sure everyhting is ok wth the baby.

Has anyone had that happen to them?? Should I be worried.
Even ppl who have had a miscarriage...was this what started it??

i am worried out of my mind...and I am just dying to see my dr. tomorrow morning. I keep telling myself that as long as its not bright red blood...then I shouldn't be worried...but I would love to see what you guys think.

Thanks soo much

March 20th, 2006, 09:18 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are going through this. I know how stressful it is to see any spotting during pg. But a lot of women have spotting and go on to have healthy babies so try to relax until you see the doctor. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Personally, I had some spotting (blood tinged CM) in my last pg and it was the first sign of a missed mc. However there were many women in my DDC that had spotting and it turned out to be nothing.

March 20th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While bleeding is always scary, it can be totally normal!!!

When I miscarried last year, it started with brown blood, it was just when I wiped and it was never enough to get on my underwear. This happened a few times over a weeks time or so, but my dr assured me that brown blood was ok and since I wasnt cramping or anything, not to worry. A few weeks later, Dh and I had sex and actually stopped in the middle when we noticed I was spotting. It wasnt very much, and even though it was kinda streaky, it had turned from brown to red. I freaked out, but decided to take it easy and sure enough by morning it had stopped. Again, I had no cramps and the blood was never a large amount. After my first appointment, when we didnt find a heartbeat, I began to worry a little, but again my dr assured me that it was still very early to see one. She told me to come back in 2 weeks bc by then I should either start to miscarry on my own or by my next appointment I should definately be able to see a heartbeat if everything is ok. This was all so weird to me because I had a totally normal pg with my son- never had any bleeding, saw the heartbeat on our first drs visit etc. Needless to say, that next 2 weeks was a constant worry. Sure enough, the day before my next appointment, we had sex again (first time in 2 weeks) and I started bleeding. It wasnt like a period, but for a couple hours I kept going to the bathroom every 1/2 hour to check and there was always red blood when I wiped. I ended up going to the ER- which was a waste of time- and they told me nothing. But at my appointment the next day it was confirmed that the baby had not grown and there was still no heartbeat.

It took me 8 months to conceive again, and this time around I started spotting 3 days after I got a BFP. It was brown blood, and i didnt have any cramps, but in the back of my mind this was all too familiar. I kept telling myself it was over since I had one healthy pg without blood and 1 mc with blood- so for me, blood was not a good sign! I decided to take it easy and I stayed off my feet the rest of the day and all of the next day. The blood was gone after about an hour after the first initial wipe, but I was convinced any blood for me wasnt good.

I ended up spotting every 3 days for the first 10 weeks of my pg. Sometimes it was streaky red, and other times it was brown. The scariest part is that I also started cramping too every couple of days. The cramps would only last a minute, but I was sure this was the end. The spotting would happen out of no where, it wasnt like I was over doing it or anything, but it did happen once after sex, so after that we didnt have sex until I was 12 weeks along!

At my first appointment, I was literally shocked to see a heartbeat. They always say every pg is different, and I know more than ever that this is the case for me. I am 17 weeks and things are still looking great. I hope for you it is nothing, I know how you must be feeling. My advice would be to take it easy and try to relax. You will have answers soon enough and hopefully they will be reassuring! Good luck!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
March 20th, 2006, 12:38 PM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
Bleeding is such a pain when PG but it does not always mean something bad. With both of my Miscarriages I did not bleed at all. Just went to a u/s to be told that the baby had died. With my DD that I lost at 22 weeks I bled from weeks 4 to 10 with here. And with this one I am pg with right now I bleed for 1-1/2 weeks in the beginning. So it is hard to say what is going to happen.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

March 21st, 2006, 04:00 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only time I've spotted was after a pap smear, but my doc told me it's normal for the first 8-10 weeks. When I did miscarry, there was no spotting at all. My baby just died. Let us know what the doc tells you, I hope it goes well.
March 21st, 2006, 06:47 AM
Super Mommy
i had spotting signficantly with my son. doesn't always mean m/c. he is 7 months old now. i hope all is well....
DD - 19 months
March 22nd, 2006, 05:42 AM
hopin4a4rth
Spotting can be normal, but definitely something I'd call the dr about.

Brown = old blood, so that could be a good thing... and it could be from a varitey of things. I spotted w/ each pregnancy after being intimate w/ DH the night before. Some people spot for no apparent reason & things are fine anyway... hope everything is ok!
March 23rd, 2006, 02:29 PM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I spotted with then one they told me it was inplanting bleeding, they said I have a thick uterus, and that was around 9 weeks, here I am at 22 weeks and we have a healthy baby boy growin in there...as long as you arent cramping and it doesn't turn bright red, then I would just take it easy for a few days.. hope that helped...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search