Fearing things int a relaity? pre term labor?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Super Mommy
Risks for Preterm Labor
Women diagnosed with incompetent cervix, uterine abnormalities, or uterine fibroids
Women with a history of previous preterm labor and/or birth
Any second trimester bleeding
Women diagnosed with placenta previa
If baby has excessive amniotic fluid
Poor prenatal care
Poor nutrition or low weight gain during pregnancy
Smoking, alcohol, or drug use

Symptoms of preterm labor
Menstrual like cramps with or without diarrhea - may be constant or intermittent
Dull backache - may be constant or intermittent
Leaking or rupture of membranes (i.e., your water breaks)
Pelvic pressure - feeling like the baby is pressing down
Any abdominal cramping
Change in vaginal discharge (i.e., more watery discharge or a change to pinkish discharge, etc.)
Contractions every 10 minutes or less with or without pain

Okay, now at first I was too much of a Bashful Betty to admit it but pre term labor is starting to scare me, and it is also starting to seem like I am getting more and more of the symptoms...

The main thing worrying me is the "pressing down" feeling that I thought was normal, just thought I was carrying a girl really low and the next thing that is scaring me is the Af cramp like feelings...usually followed by diarrhea, at least once every 2 days...I just wrote it off again as part of being preggo...now the more info I read the more I am worrying about pre term labor...I also have uterine fibroids...one is kind of big and presses down on the placenta (doc saw this around week 13 or so I believe)...the backaches are a trip too, getting up from lying down is the worst,i can barely walk, but it fades pretty quickly..oh yea I have high blood pressure too

Any info or advice untilI can talk to doc, I see him on April 3rd next, I hate to get excited for nothing but I hate to underreact as well....the symptoms in bold are what I am experiencing, any help, input advice is very very appreciated. Thank You.

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com
March 20th, 2006, 11:29 AM
soontobemommyto3
I have fibroids. Found out I had them when I was pregnant with #1. I did have her early at 36 weeks but I had PROM and my contractions started as soon as my water broke.

With my second I started having contractions around 26 weeks or so. My DR told me if they got to be more than 4 an hour then go to L&D and they would monitor me. I never had to go. The did one of those swab things around 32 weeks, I guess it can tell them if you are going to go into labor soon. Mine was negative.

When I started to feel the contractions I would get a big glass of water and drink it and lie down. That helped. Dehydration is a major cause of them.

Since my cervix stayed closed up tight and hard and long until I was about 36 weeks with my son I really think I was having very uncomfortable braxton hicks. My son stayed put until we threatened him with induction at 39 weeks (he was born the night before my induction was scheduled).

I also had a lot of pain and pressure down low with both of them. I had a seperated pubic bone which hurt a lot and I always felt like the baby was sitting on it trying to come out. I got adjusted by a chicroprater last pregnancy and this one and haven't had it at all.

As always, talk to your DR if you think you are experiencing contractions. If they catch them early they can usually stop them, but from what I hear the meds they give you stop them don't make you feel too good.
March 20th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
If they catch them early they can usually stop them, but from what I hear the meds they give you stop them don't make you feel too good.[/b]
I know! I read about those meds too, nausea, the shakes, accelerated heart beat, heart palpatations, I was like gee whiz can't a womn catch a break!?

I am thinking it is just how it is and that instead of the constipation I have the opposite (blah).

I do remember from DD's labor that it didn't really let up, my pain goes away shortly after I 'go' so maybe its just some intense gas I am suffering from. I am not even 30 weeks yet so L&D is the last place I want to be this early. I'll mention it at my appintment and see what doc says...I am not too fond of frequent vaginal exams, if it's not broken don't want to try and fix it

The internet is my best and worst friend...all the information I could want but boy can it incite scary feelings...

Maybe ask him to check cervix at my appointment, I'll be 27 weeks..can he look at it without touching it or 'bothering it"?

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com
March 21st, 2006, 04:52 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're right about the internet, it causes us to try and diagnose ourselves. All of the second set of symptoms you highlighted are also listed under normal pregnancies. I know back pain and cramps are. I'm not sure about the pressure thing, but I thought I've seen women on this board posting about feeling pressure when they get into the third trimester.

I know you hate it, but it probably be best if your doc saw you ASAP if you really do think you are in preterm labor. It's nothing to fool around with. Whatever happens, I hope you and baby are fine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search