delima...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2006, 09:39 AM
soontobemommyto3
Ok, I said I wouldn't buy any clothes for baby until after she was born, but....

I have $150 dollars in gymbucks. That means if I spend $300 at Gymboree (which is a lot easier to do then you'd think ) then I get $150 off (50%).

So do I use that to buy Sadie's clothes? My kids actually have enough summer clothes already since we are going to FL in 2 weeks but Lord knows I could find more

In case you are unfamilar with Gymboree, I'll add the link: http://www.gymboree.com

They have the CUTEST baby and kids clothes and are made very well, they never shrink or fade and last forever (great resale value if you can keep them unstained too). This is one of the outfits I want to get:

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_item.jsp...tSizeSelected=0
March 23rd, 2006, 10:03 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Susan!

Popping in from January. I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you that your pregnancy is going so well! As far as the clothes go (I've got gymbucks burning a hole in my pocket too! ) I would get some if I were you. When I was pregnant with Liam I spent a good part of my pregnancy being cautious--didn't tell people til I was at least 12 weeks and didn't buy anything til a couple weeks after we found out he was a boy. Then I decided that I needed to enjoy him and my pregnancy even though I wouldn't stop worrying about him til I had him in my arms (and then the new set of worries kick in ). I think you need to enjoy Sadie as much as you did Cassie. Buy your new one a couple outfits--no better place than gymboree for that!--and get your other kids something new as well. Be excited! She is doing great and you WILL be bringing her home! Good luck to you and do what you are comfortable with.

Oh, and that little outfit is sooo sweet!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

March 23rd, 2006, 11:11 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree, spend the money if your still not quite sure then buy the other kids outfits also.
It is nice to have a few things. As soon as I found out I bought 3 outfits and a blanket just so I had something. The last time, I was going to wait until I found out the sex before I got stuff and I always felt empty handed. So I would spend half on Sadie and half on the other two. I think you should try and enjoy Sadie.

I wasn't very attatched to this one but having such an early u/s this time, I can't stop looking at the picture.
March 23rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE gymboree. As for your question, I dont know if you should or not. I really, really want to buy some things, but I keep holdng off. I think you should try to enjoy your pregnancy, and I can see in your post that you are happy at the idea of buying Sadie clothes, so I say go ahead. If you still dont feel completly comfortable, maybe you can wait a few weeks...or do the gymbucks expire before long? I definitly wouldn't wait until after she was born...you will be out shopping with a newborn and your other children. I know it must be scary to think about buying something, but Sadie deserves it.

BTW, I think that outfit is precious!
March 23rd, 2006, 12:00 PM
Super Mommy
i've had to deal with that too. BUT with my ds after I found out what he is, I thought ya know, even if I lose him...it wont' be any HARDER than it already is if I bought something and buying things for the new baby is exciting... so I did. and I will with this one too.... you never know what life will bring you but it won't stop me from living and enjoying this baby while I can. I was even scared to tell my dd I was having another baby for fear of having to handle that if something happend but I just won't let myself live like that....

I hope can feel good about buying for your baby and buying things. its is WAY too easy to spend that much huh!!
DD - 19 months
March 23rd, 2006, 02:22 PM
soontobemommyto3
I hear what you all are saying, but I had to return clothes last time... it was very painful since I had bought all girl stuff and there was no way of knowing if I would have another girl and even so those clothes were for Cassie.

I'm leaning towards buying some. I guess if I have to, god forbid, return them again, I'll survive.
March 24th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Super Mommy
well, I admire your strength in even returning them. I don't think I could have done that but perhaps it helped you heal, I dunno. everyone handles things so differently. when I lost one of mine (though not a stillborn, 8 or 9 weeks...we aren't sure) i wrapped it in its cloths and buried it someplace meaningful to me, said and prayer and tried to let go.
DD - 19 months
March 24th, 2006, 05:20 AM
hopin4a4rth
How long can you wait to spend your gymbucks? Can you wait another 20 weeks or do you have to use them up now?

It's hard to know what to do for sure, especially after having gone thought the pain of loosing and having to return clothes
March 24th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Jinxcat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I hear what you all are saying, but I had to return clothes last time... it was very painful since I had bought all girl stuff and there was no way of knowing if I would have another girl and even so those clothes were for Cassie.

I'm leaning towards buying some. I guess if I have to, god forbid, return them again, I'll survive.[/b]

You're not going to be returning them this time, Susan. Go get the clothes. Much much love to you.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search