20w1d today and buying clothes update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2006, 11:53 AM
soontobemommyto3
Today I am 20w1d, the same point I was when I delivered Cassie. I am feeling movement today and am so happy I know that this date has no significance for passing other than for me. But now I think I know how you girls who lost babies in the first trimester felt when you made it to 12 weeks. Some how I just feel "better" even though anything could still go wrong, but somehow I don't think it will.

So an update on the clothes buying. I did buy some things for Sadie. I also bought some things for my other kids too. I was nervous but I did it. And now I can't stop I went to Target today and saw the cutest little Winnie the Pooh outfits and had to buy a few, then I had to buy some jammies and a blanket. I think I have had my pink fix and need to let the credit card cool off.
March 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!! It is a good feeling no matte what.

I am glad you enjoyed yourself shopping for Sadie, I bet she likes all the outfits and can't wait to try them on.
March 24th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Super Mommy
you are right, there is no real magic time but I think we all agree that passing our 'time' when we lost others, is a huge relief.

ya know, i haven't really bought anything yet because the urge hasn't hit me (too exhausted to DO anything) but i DO love the feeling of having that stuff.

I do write in my pregnancy journal as well.
DD - 19 months
March 24th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats!
We are buying lots of things for the baby as well. Everytime I turn around he is showing me something or dragging me through the baby department, scary at first, especially the first outfit but now its fun. I didn't want to worry worry worry and deprive myself of enjoying what I could about having her

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com
March 24th, 2006, 01:40 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I am so happy for you. I think it's great that you are buying clothes. BTW the one outfit in your other post was super cute.

March 24th, 2006, 01:49 PM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!

March 24th, 2006, 04:59 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
SUSAN! That's WONDERFUL! Hi to Sadie. I've never bought anything for a baby I would have, but told DH the other day that if my appointment went well, I'd buy an outfit or 2 as "good faith" purchases. (And I'll admit...it was a little weird around here knowing that we might actually get to have a baby and not having ANYTHING for it.) It went well and I finally bought baby things for one of MINE! I got a little white 2-piece WtheP outfit and a red fleece 2-piece. I'm happy to report that instead of being depressing and worrying the crap out of me seeing them, it's quite comforting and keeps me excited.

March 24th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Blessings B
March 25th, 2006, 04:54 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sadie is moving because her mama is shopping for her!! Seems like she is your average gal, even in the womb. Seriously, I am so happy for you to have reached this point and even happier when Sadie comes into the world and you can put those outfits on her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search