Considering making a "get your freakin smoke away from me and my fetus" sign

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Super Mommy
Okay so I am all about a person's right to chose to smoke cigarettes...but come ON can smokers at least NOT smoke all in non smoker's faces!?

My coworker is working that last nerve...EVERYmorning he stands DIRECTLY in front of the entrance door just a puffing away....At first I would hold my breath until I made it inside the building but now I have just taken to using the back entarnce door just to avoid his vapors....and he KNOWS I am pregnant, would it KILL him to not continue to puff and puff when he sees me approaching?

And I have another co worker who is a smoker, he always stops by my office to chit chat and while as a person he is very nice I can't stand to be near him because the smoke literally eminates from his skin, flows from his pores even!

I read in several med. journals that cigg smoke, even second hand, can cause pre term labor and a host of other problems for preggo people....excuse me if I rather not suffocate and choke on cigg smoke and I am not even a darn smoker!

And I am definately in the minority I work in a department full of men, there are 4 women in my building....4 and like 97% of the men smoke so I doubt I am going to get a bunch of support in this.

To give credit where due, there was one nice woman a wek or so ago who had the decency to ask if her smoke would bother me. I kindly told her I was expecting and I would move if she felt the need to smoke and she said no, she would move out of my space. Now that was kind.

::shakes fists at people who smoke in pregnant ladies faces!! ::

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com
March 24th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
we have a law now that doesn't allow smoking within 50 feet of an entrance. whew. I would always hold my breathe coming in cause I couldn't stand it even when i'm not pregnant.
DD - 19 months
March 24th, 2006, 01:40 PM
soontobemommyto3
that sucks. We don't have many smokers in California, at least not where I live. I never even see any outside smoking.
March 24th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are they smoking in the designated areas, or just wherever they want to?

I can understand if they just have wanton disregard for smoking where they are supposed to smoke, but if they are in the designated area , I'm not sure what you can do about that. I know it sucks..... and I feel like I can smell the strangest things a mile away from their origin, so I can imagine the smoke guy is quite annoying.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
March 24th, 2006, 03:56 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
We also have a law about smoking within 25-50 feet of buildings. Many people break that law and strangely, people actually report them. I'm GLAD! I don't care if other people smoke--that's their business, but PLEASE don't make it mine. I was sitting outside a restaurant waiting for our table and someone sat next to me to smoke. I tried to be polite and asked him to smoke elsewhere and not right in front of the building. He told me that I could move if I didn't like it, that he wasn't trying to offend anyone. I'm embarrassed to admit that I got up, farted as I did so pretty close to his face, and said, "Sorry, I wasn't TRYING to offend you." He left. Hehehe. I'm not normally that disgusting and aggressive...but he started it.

March 25th, 2006, 04:08 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hospital is supposed to be a smoke free campus. That's a laugh. I have a fellow nurse who sneaks out to the parking garage to light up and then comes back in reaking of smoke. I think that's horrible for the babies we work with to be exposed to. It has gotten better though. It's very rude of people not to think of others when smoking. If you want to smoke, that's fine, but respect my right to breathe clean air. (and my fetus!)
March 25th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
We also have a law about smoking within 25-50 feet of buildings. Many people break that law and strangely, people actually report them. I'm GLAD! I don't care if other people smoke--that's their business, but PLEASE don't make it mine. I was sitting outside a restaurant waiting for our table and someone sat next to me to smoke. I tried to be polite and asked him to smoke elsewhere and not right in front of the building. He told me that I could move if I didn't like it, that he wasn't trying to offend anyone. I'm embarrassed to admit that I got up, farted as I did so pretty close to his face, and said, "Sorry, I wasn't TRYING to offend you." He left. Hehehe. I'm not normally that disgusting and aggressive...but he started it. [/b]
haha oh my!! funny!

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
March 28th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Super Mommy
i saw an email going around with a guy doing that!!!
DD - 19 months
March 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Ugh...thought of you guys today when I came out of the grocery store. Someone was standing RIGHT THERE, smoking and blowing toward the door, or wherever he happened to have his head turned. Yours truly got "shot" coming out the door. Completely unlike me (seriously, I'm just becoming much less tolerant of idiocy), I issued some long string of profanity and I'm pretty sure I called him a couple of unflattering names and made a comment about his manhood. I don't know why...

March 29th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Completely unlike me (seriously, I'm just becoming much less tolerant of idiocy), I issued some long string of profanity and I'm pretty sure I called him a couple of unflattering names and made a comment about his manhood. I don't know why...[/b]

Ha ha when pregnant ladies attack....

March 29th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Completely unlike me (seriously, I'm just becoming much less tolerant of idiocy), I issued some long string of profanity and I'm pretty sure I called him a couple of unflattering names and made a comment about his manhood. I don't know why...[/b]

Ha ha when pregnant ladies attack....

[/b]
Hehe...pretty much. But rest assured, it's ALWAYS warranted.

April 1st, 2006, 06:29 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yuck - smokers! i live in the city and there are always jerks in front of my doorway smoking, and our bedroom windows are over the street (and a bar) so if i open them, the apartment gets smoky (so happy we're moving soon!!!)

co-workers should know better - people should be nicer and smarter!!

i want to move to calabasas, ca (where it's now illegal to smoke in public)
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search