Do you like your doctor/midwife?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I really like my doctor. I have just started seeing him. He is really nice and has been much better than any other doctor I have had. I have already had two ultrasounds and go back for another in two weeks!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 3rd, 2005, 05:41 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
Right now I'm seeing a OB and a midwife...

My first appt, which was when I was having my m/c I seen the OB.. She was too busy to talk to me, she seemed like she didn't care..

That following Friday I went back for my HCG levels and I had to see the midwife because The oB isn't there on Fridays.. I really liked the midwife..

I had to see the OB again, because I had surgery, I seen the midwife that day and the OB, when they scheduled my surgery date.. Both were very supportive..

The midwife called me Tuesday to check on me, I thought that was very nice!

Tuesday, when I go back I see the OB, and the midwife again I think..

But I'm staying with the midwife when I get pregnant again, because theres something really special about her.. I just love her !
March 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
I love my doctor. I have had the same one for 9 years and he has been there when my girls were born and he was very supportive and understanding through my m/c.
April 11th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Tami77's Avatar Super Mommy
No I dont particurly like mine, I have went to her for years and always loved her. but she just seems so distracted all the time, she hasnt layed a finger on me since I was 5 weeks. she checks the hb asks me a couple questions then I am gone. I dont know I think I am just being a nervouse person. but I am waiting for some reasurance here from her. I am a healthy person my bloodwork came back normal( I guess she didnt say) so she isnt all that concerned. I live in the counrty so I dont have too many choices. unless I want to drive and hour away and then I tell myself what if something really goes wrong and the 30 min really makes a differance in the life/death of my child. the baby is the most important not my feelings toward the doc.

April 12th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like my doctor. I've gone to him during my pregnancy with my ds, treatment of endo, through my m/c, a laparascopy for the endo, and now with this pregnancy. He's really great!

April 12th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Veteran
I don't like my OB/Gyn much. He doesn't do anything other than weigh me and take blood pressure. I feel like I might as well be going to a dentist for my pregnancy. He took my history but his only comment about it was that we will take this as a normal healthy pregnancy unless it looks like closer attention is needed. This upsets me because I wanted to go to a midwife but my family doctor and this doctor insist I should be seeing an OB. I'm still waiting to find out why because I'm sure a midwife would be more than capable of taking my weight and blood pressure and stuff.
April 13th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an OB throughout half of my pregnancy. I felt he was pretty useless to be honest. He didn't even discuss nutrition, tests, or anything. He gave me "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and basically just sent me on my way. My "big" 20 week ultrasound turned out to be an amazing *eyeroll* 5 minutes where the screen wasn't even positioned where I could see it. He never spent more than 5 minutes in the room with me, even then. That's when I decided to switch to a midwife.

I LOVE my midwife and her apprentice, who is a doula and massage therapist and will be a midwife by the end of the year (she takes her test in a few months)..... Anyway, my appointments are always around an hour or so long and they really take time to ask me what I am feeling, thinking, etc. They also keep up with my nutrition, exercise, and supplements that I am taking as well. They are good at recommending things to me and are VERY encouraging.

I would NEVER go back to an OB again. That man was a fine gyno, but a crappy OB.... he just totally didn't care. I can't see why I'd ever need to go back to a professional that charges me so much more for so much LESS.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search