Wanted to share my story...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
I just thought it would be nice to share my story with those of you who can relate. Dh and I decided on Christmas night 2003 that we wanted to try for #3. It seemed like two weeks and I had a posittive test. My pg was going great or so I thought, but I had the feeling it was going too well. We heard our babys heartbeat at 13 weeks and all seemed great. I went in at 17 weeks for a routine checkup. I went by myself because Dh had been with me at the previous visit and he works nights so it is hard for him too go do a lot during the day. This was the friday before Easter. When my dr checked for a heartbeat he could not find it. He said not to worry I would go for an u/s right then. I walked across the street to the other office trembling. I convinced myself that everythign would be fine and decided that if they could tell me the sex of my baby then I wanted to know. I waited for about an hour. When I did go back the tech brought my little baby up on her screen and I knew right then that it was not right. I could not see that flicker of the heart beating that I knew so well from past u/s with my dds. Before she even told me my baby was no longer alive I broke down. I vaguely remember her asking if I wanted a picture and I said yes. Dh finally met me back at the drs office and we discussed what to do from there. My baby had died inutero at around 14 weeks. I never officialy m/c. My dr set up my d&c for the following monday. Dh and I tried to concieve for months after and had finally given up when we found out that we are expecting again. My angel would have been 1year old in september. I am due with this pg September 2nd. As you can guess I am on pins and needles. Sorry that was so long but I feel better sharing it with you. Thanks for listening.
March 4th, 2005, 06:39 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Oh ((((((Hugs))))))) I can not imagine how you felt or how much you are worrying now. I have had several miscarriages but they were all very early on. I think we all start to get past the worrying stage after the first trimester. My heart breaks for you. Going to put you and your little one on my prayer list.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 4th, 2005, 10:53 AM
CocoHunny's Avatar Foxxy Mommie
Send a message via AIM to CocoHunny
that's a very sad story..my last 2 m/c ended at 11 and 13 weeks and i'm still dealing with the lost. I'm happy that you're expecting again,wishing you a happy pregnancy

wanting,but waiting (sigh)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search