do you feel like this

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I had my M/C I was only 6 weeks and even now with me being as far along as I am still scared that I will lose her. Does anyone else still feel this way. I really thought that when I hit 12 weeks I would be feeling better about it.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 29th, 2006, 05:09 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly I've never gotten over that fear. I can have Ivy any day now and I'm terrified of her not making it. The fear has subsided but is still very much here.

March 29th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Super Mommy
i'm 20 weeks, i still worry... granted it does help when you are able to feel them kick but then that brings its own set of worry if you dont' feel them for a while. each week and u/s weeks a temp sense of relief and it very short lived before the worry starts again.
DD - 19 months
March 29th, 2006, 06:19 AM
hopin4a4rth
Oh my... read my post Sandy. This is a constant fear of mine...
March 29th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Super Mommy
I don't think the little nagging thoughts ever go away...

27 weeks on Sunday and I still get parnoid. I still make sure to enjoy moments like shopping and planning but the 'what if's' are never too to far off

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com
March 29th, 2006, 07:54 AM
soontobemommyto3
I just hit my mark where I lost my last baby (20 weeks) and I actually feel a little better. I was so nervous up to that point, but now I feel a sense of peace like I will make it to the end.

I'm sure you all will be fine. There is only a 1% chance that you will lose your baby between now and delivery. I guess for me I feel a little better about that because the chance of it happening twice in a row for me is .01% - although each event is mutually exclusive.

Anyhow, as soooo many ladies have told me, try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy the best you can. You don't want to look back after the baby is born and realized how much you missed enjoying your growing baby because of fear. There really isn't much you can do so worrying about it isn't going to help. And this is coming from someone who wouldn't even acknowledge her pregnancy until she was showing!
March 29th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Veteran
Yes, I still worry. I wasn't this worried with my DD after my 1st m/c- I was very sure that I would be taking her home from the hospital. I don't have the same secure feeling with this baby. My 2nd m/c really seemed to scar me, so much more than the first one. I just sent back my doppler this week and even though I haven't used it in a month, I find myself wishing that I had it still. I hate feeling like this.
<span style="color:#009900">~i~ 7/02, ~i~ 7/05

March 29th, 2006, 01:55 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
YES! We had to terminate at 21 1/2 weeks instead of waiting for the baby to die another time. (Sorry, I just couldn't go through labor at that point.) So, I always think that if I can make it to there, I'll be good, but I know better. Everything is going fine so far with this one, but with our track record, I'm still terrified. Beyond terrified. I've not exactly gotten excited, except for 2 days after I heard the hb last week and could FEEL it kicking--HARD. Since then, the doubts and fears have taken over again. I also know that once it makes it out, I'll then start worrying about everything else. I hope that I learn to just ENJOY it at some point!!!

We'll make it, ladies...I'm just glad that we have others who understand!

March 29th, 2006, 05:32 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still feel that way. My first pregnancy I lost the baby at 7 weeks and I thought if I made it past that point i was "safe" but I have come to realize that so many things can happen and there really is no "safe"point. After I go to the dr. and hear the hb and see the baby I am always worry free, but that lasts maybe a week and then back to worrying. I don't think I will ever stop worrying. That is just my personality.

March 29th, 2006, 08:39 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not so much worried about losing my baby now as something being wrong with it. I am around babies with abnormalities everday, so it's not a wonder. The fear of losing him/her is always there though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search