Anxious about this pregnancy... *update #2 in Post #8*

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2006, 06:18 AM
hopin4a4rth
I'm over-the-top worried and I always seem to convince myself that what I'm worrying about is real. How many times have I written the subject "should I be concerned?" since finding out that Erich was on the way?

Now I'm worried again... I'm very worried actually. His activity level has decreased over the past couple of days. Yesterday I went all afternoon & evening w/out feeling him once. I collapsed into bed around 10ish & felt a few squirms, but nothing like usual... and the same is happening today. This is way TMI here... but I had a fresh pair of panties on this morning & when I went to shower a few minutes ago they were soaked as well as my pants. Not urine... but I guess CM?? It was clear and didn't smell, but it's not dripping like water leakage. But of course that has me worried too. Then I step on the scale after eating bfast to find that I've lost at least 2 lbs. (I usually weigh before eating bfast, but forgot today) So that has me worried too.

Part of me is saying 'no big deal he's just turned funny & you can't feel the kicks well w/ the way he's turned' & part of me is saying "you wasted your money on the car seat and outfit cause you're just going to loose him too" Oh my... I started crying as I typed that. It's such a big fear of mine & the reason I didn't bond w/ him up until recently. And now I'm so scared that since I bonded he'll be taken away from me like the other two were.

I wonder if this is because I just past my EDD for my second loss & I'm right around the time I got my first BFP last year?? I don't know if I should worry enough to call the midwives only to have them dismiss me. My last appt was bad and rushed & i left there feeling awful. (I was supposed to get another u/s to check the previa, but they forgot and just dismissed me like it wasn't important. )

Anyway.. I guess I'm just venting, releasing some thoughts/emotions here...
March 29th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Super Mommy
Wow that is close to home. I worry as well, sometimes I won't feel her as much one day and then I am doing the 'what ifs' and then the nect day she will be rolling and bumping and kicking.

Or one time for like 2 days I was convinved there was a drop of activity and one night I woke up at like 3 am and she was kicking kicking so I figured she was active when I slept.

I can kind of 'get' her to move if I eat or drink, I usually feel her around those times and that is reassuring.

All we can do it wait it out

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com
March 29th, 2006, 07:48 AM
soontobemommyto3
did you rent a doppler? I find that helpful when peanut doesn't feel like moving a lot. Also I have found that when my uterus streches, she gets a lot more room and I don't feel her as well for a few days, then she starts up kicking again and then it streches again, etc...

I'd call. It never hurts. They can have you come in for a check and they can check and see if it is amniotic fluid, however I doubt it. Having leaked some after my amnio, I knew when it was leaking. It wasn't like Oh look my panties are wet, it was I can feel something dripping there. Then I got some nasty contractions after I leaked. But just in case you can go and get checked out.

My DR told me when I was pregnant with my son and in the 2nd half of pregnancy to just go to L&D if I thought his movement had slowed and they would hook me up to the monitor and check it out.
March 29th, 2006, 07:57 AM
hopin4a4rth
Well, I'm having contrax too... sooooo they want to see me around 1EST. I'm sure everything will be okay and I'm just worried for nothing, but I'm still worried. I'll update you guys when I get home. I just hope Erich is ok...
March 29th, 2006, 10:16 AM
soontobemommyto3
well you tell your little man to stay put for a few weeks longer! I'll be thinking of you! Let us know how it goes.
March 29th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't wanna freak you out, but......

That's kinda what I experienced before my water broke. What I THOUGHT was CM turned out to be a amniotic fluid leak. By the time I figured out what was going on it was too late...

I hope you do go to the doc - make them do a cervical measurement and tell them about the fluid. It could just be a tiny leak , in which case they will put you on bedrest. If its something more, there are things they can do too. Keep us posted.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
March 29th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Super Mommy
rent a doppler. its a sanity saver. and for now, call your dr. it could be fluid....
DD - 19 months
March 29th, 2006, 12:58 PM
hopin4a4rth
The midwife didn't check for dialation since I told her I was 99% sure they were just BH's. She said she trusted my judgement. The watery discharge is just that... watery discharge. She did the normal test w/ the swab plus peeked at it under a microscope to make sure, so I'm pretty confident that it wasn't an amniotic leak. Phew... She also checked Erich's heartbeat. It was lower than usual at first, but she poked at him and he woke up and it went back to what it normally is. She said that he might be turned differently or going through a growth spurt & sleeping more which is why I feel him less over the past few days.

Thankfully she didn't treat me like I was wasting her time. In fact, quite the opposite. She reassured me 3 times that it was good that I called and that is what they are there for. It amazes me how different the midwives are than the Dr's in the same practice.
March 29th, 2006, 02:00 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Is your midwife a sanity-saver, or what?! It's wonderful that she treated you like you belonged there, and not just like some crazy pregnant lady. I'm so glad that everything is ok. I'd have been worried, too! (In fact, I think you've just given me a few things to worry about! )

Now stop poking poor little Erich! He's apparently trying to sleep and save his energy for his big move!

March 29th, 2006, 02:24 PM
soontobemommyto3
so glad everything turned out ok. I agree, leave the little guy alone and let him grow
March 29th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I so glad everything is okay. That poor baby is just trying to rest you will pray for that resting at day 37 after he arrives. I just think that having a baby after a m/s is soooo different, your fears, your feelings , just your general way of looking at pg. It stinks to know reality so well. Blessings to you and that precious babe. B
March 29th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Why do we have to be torchered?
Glad to hear your little Erich is doing great, never hesitate to give the drs. a call. Better safe then sorry!!
March 29th, 2006, 05:27 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
SO glad that your little Erich is alright. Going to the dr. is a sanity saver and sometimes its just better to ease your mind. I am sure its scary to not feel him moving. But he was just sleeping Mommy

March 29th, 2006, 08:29 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay, I am happy to hear things are ok. Whew, reading through that was like a rollercoaster ride. I have NO qualms about going to the ER. I am glad that you went to your doc and that the little one is alright. I find midwives and NPs to be so much more caring that doc's, as well. You feel like they care about you the person and not you as just another patient.
March 30th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad everything turned out well.....it's so hard not to worry about every little thing, isn't it?

And I agree....it's better to be safe than sorry!

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
March 30th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Super Mommy
i keep bugging my dr to get a mid-wife...

glad all is well and you feel better!
DD - 19 months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search