Trip to ED last night, u/s today.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2006, 10:40 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a couple bloody streaks on the TP last night-so we hauled ourselves into ED, the doc I saw seems pretty confident that he got a FHR of 160-180, my obgyn couldn't get one 4 days earlier-he said what we were hearing was my own echo rebound rate. The guy last night seemed to think he got one, though. Last night and this morning I've had fairly constant lower abdo pressure-no new fresh blood. This is how it all started last time, and I'm terrified. I have an obstetrical u/s today at 1240 and then I got see my obgyn at 3pm. Last night on the way to ED, DH and I were making plans. Two weeks ago, in a morbid moment, I told him that if we lose this baby that we're gonna take off to Europe for two months. Last night while waiting for the ER doc, we decided to take a break from all this baby stuff and hit the road if this ends badly. So now I start drinking water and wait.
Marie

Lucky mother to five!

April 3rd, 2006, 11:27 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm sorry marie try to hang in there - if some of the docs see positive outcomes, then everything might still be fine! try to be calm and not panic. i read that if you think more positively and think that everything will turn out okay, things are more likely to go that way. i'm giving positive thinking a shot (i had an abruption in '97 and i get nervous a lot, but am trying to ignore it all!!)

good luck!!
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 3rd, 2006, 04:56 PM
I'm back! On the u/s we saw a heartbeat and a wiggling baby! They're saying he measures (he/she) at around 14.5 weeks, so he's growing! The tech said the placenta looks good and he saw no reason for my spotting. DH was there and he started crying, so I did too. I've been crying since first spotting last night at 9pm, so I thought I was done-but these were happy tears! I saw my obgyn afterwards, he said my cervix is closed, and he got a doppler heartbeat right away. He also in not so many words told me that I don't really need to go to ED unless I'm hemorrhaging since they can't do anything anyhow, and that I really shouldn't have gotten an u/s today. That made me really angry-screw him-I didn't order my u/s, the ED doc did. And if I want to go to ED for spotting during pregnancy, I pay my health care premiums, and I'll use it! Maybe if he would have given me my 12 week u/s like we asked for-I wouldn't have been so worried last night! Oh well, I've got a little peanut kicking around in there, and I don't have anymore bleeding-it was a great day! Grow Peanut Grow!
Marie

Lucky mother to five!

April 3rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
yea for healthy baby!!!!

and that is SO CUTE your dh cried!!!!

April 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, just popping in but I wanted to tell you I'm so happy for you that your little one is doing well and growing big! I know how scary that is. I started spotting when I was pregnant with my son at 19 1/2 weeks--having had a previos loss I was a complete basket case of course. My dr had me come in right away to get checked and have an u/s--shame on your dr for trying to make you feel bad for being proactive with your and you baby's care. They never did find out why I started bleeding but everything was fine and I'm so glad you had the same outcome!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 3rd, 2006, 06:46 PM
hopin4a4rth
My heart stopped reading your first post, but started again reading your second!! I"M SO HAPPY you saw a healthy little one!!! YAY!

Screw the Dr... he sounds like a not-so-nice Dr. to tell you that Glad you got your u/s!! Something reassuring about seeing the little one!
April 3rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to macsmom Send a message via Yahoo to macsmom
Where abouts in Alberta do you live?
I am in the Red Deer area and want to make sure I am not using the same ignorant OBGYN!
That was a little insensative I would say.
Good luck and God Bless

April 3rd, 2006, 07:30 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bleh, what an ordeal. Is he insane? Who wouldn't go to the ER if they were spotting? Maybe someone who habitually spots, but jst out of the blue like that. Anyhoo, I am glad your baby is ok in there. I hope no spotting occurs again and that the little one continues to be healthy.
April 3rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Where abouts in Alberta do you live?
I am in the Red Deer area and want to make sure I am not using the same ignorant OBGYN!
That was a little insensative I would say.
Good luck and God Bless[/b]
No, I'm waaayyyy up North in Grande Prairie, he's one of our two choices of obgyns up here right now. The problem is, is that I even work with him-you'd think there'd be some perks in that! Oh well, the babe is fine right now, we can be thankful for that. Thank you for your support, everyone!
Marie

Lucky mother to five!

April 4th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sooooo glad you little one is okay. Whew what a crazy ordeal for you , but you sound so positive, which is fabulous. ( to you doc). Oh well, Blessings to you and your fam B
April 4th, 2006, 04:21 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a jerk about saying you didn't need a u/s-- I am so happy that all turned out well with the second one and your little peanut is doing great!! Like you said- you pay your premiums so i would say kiss it!!!!!!

So so happy that all is well

April 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
whew!!! at every drs appt they ask if I've had bleeding....blah blah blah.... UH I'd run my butt to the ER if so and you would have known!!! ... I wonder if anyone would just oh, just some bleeding...no worries....yea, right.

glad all is well, I had a lot of troubles with my ds and he's a healthy chubby 8 months TODAY!!!!
DD - 19 months
April 5th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hey i just saw this and wanna say to you,... PHEW!!! im sooo happy for you. Pregnancy is soo terrifying especially when youve previously lost a baby. What could be happening, is that when u are pregnant your cervix can get irritated and bleed a bit. Have you had sex in the last couple days? That may have caused it. Goodluck girl and im glad everyhing is okay!
April 6th, 2006, 08:24 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
So happy everything was ok.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

April 6th, 2006, 09:06 AM
marie and newbaby: thanks for sharing your stories!! i had bleeding and a placental abruption leading to stillbirth with my first (and so far only other) pg in 1997 and i am relieved to hear that if i do spot, it isn't necessarily horrible news - thank you!!!

April 6th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Quote:
hey i just saw this and wanna say to you,... PHEW!!! im sooo happy for you. Pregnancy is soo terrifying especially when youve previously lost a baby. What could be happening, is that when u are pregnant your cervix can get irritated and bleed a bit. Have you had sex in the last couple days? That may have caused it. Goodluck girl and im glad everyhing is okay![/b]
No, we do not have to have sex here anymore now that I'm pregnant! Its been a long 20 months TTC!
No further spotting, no pressure-just my normal stretching/pulling like before. I did have an incredibly stressful week, and I had been working lots of overtime-I think someone was telling me to slow down and keep in mind what's really important-work stress is nothing compared to the threat of losing this baby. Thanks everyone!
Marie

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search