Well...I'm here!?!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi there...after stuggling with everything, I'm actually pg again. Some of you may remember me from the Pregnancy Loss board. It's been one heck of a week though. I had been getting bfn for like 2 weeks (up until AF was 10 days late) and I'm finally getting bfp's. At first the lines were faint but each day they have been getting darker. Here's my question...is it really true that sperm can live for up to 5 days?

The reason I'm asking is I went to my doctor yesterday and she did a urine test and it was faint but there but since I had an ectopic back in October she wanted to rule out another one, so I went for an u/s today. My doctor also did an internal exam and noticed that my uterus is enlarged.

The tech didn't show me anything or say anything except that my doctor would give me the results in a couple of days. I went for blood work yesterday and I'm going back tomorrow to have more blood work, and hopefully my levels will double. But I'm nervous in that something is wrong. I'm going to assume that it's not an EP again or else I would have been rushed to the hospital like last time. When I told the tech that I had a fibroid on the back of my uterus she asked if I knew how large it was, and which lab did my past u/s. Perhaps she wants to compare the 2?

So now I'm wondering, maybe I O'd later than I thought and in that case, I would only be 13dpo (and 4 weeks along as of tomorrow) and that's why my bfp's were faint but getting darker. If I go by my LMP I would be 6weeks 4days ad if I go by when I thought I O'd I would be 6 weeks.

I guess there's a small chance that I O'd later but the reason I ask about DH's "swimmers" is we only BD 7 & 5 days before I possibly O'd. While it was timed for when I thought I O'd (don't know if that makes sense).

I know I'm talking in circles and grasping at straws but I'm just trying to figure out alternatives for why it took so long for me to get bfp's and why they were faint, and why I wasn't allowed to see anything on the screen during my u/s today.

So now I play the waiting game. I really hope this little bean sticks, and I would love to hear any input.

***Sorry I rambled, and since I'm so tired this post probably doesn't make much sense!***
April 6th, 2006, 08:50 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Congrats on your BFP! And welcome to the board! I think I read somewhere that, in the right conditions, sperm can live for up to 5 days, sometimes 7. Let us know how your numbers look. Waiting for the results can be a pain, I know.
April 6th, 2006, 04:08 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you have been through so much, it is so hard and easy to worry. Congrats on your BFP- In my books it says that sperm can live that long so maybe that is what happened. Please keep us posted on your numbers....

April 7th, 2006, 04:50 AM
hopin4a4rth
Welcome to the board.

Yep, very possible for sperm to live even up to 7 days in a good environment. And maybe you did O late. And I know a lot of women who didn't get a until they were 12 weeks or so! One of them even had twins!!

Sometimes they don't let you see anything on the screen early on in pregnancy because there isn't much to see & some parents freak out if there is no h/b... which you probably wouldn't have been able to see that early.

Hope everything is okay and goes well w/ this pregnancy for you.
April 7th, 2006, 05:59 AM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, about replying late to your post. I just wanted to say congrats and I pray it all works out for ya! Stick beany, stick!
April 7th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Regular
[ congrats on your postive test. I just wanted to let you know that I did'nt get a postive test result until 2 weeks after my period was due. And when I had my early ultrasound they would'nt tell me anything either, because they said it was to early in pregnancy to really tell much. If fact the tech who did the ultrasound was pretty annoyed that I was even there that early(6 weeks). So keep thinking postive.
Holly

April 7th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks...I'm starting to calm down. I guess I'm just a little nervous since my last pg (which was also my first) ended so soon and tragic. It's almost like I'm expecting something wrong, and I need to get out of the negative thought pattern.

I'll take no news as good news and I'm going to enjoy every single minute of being preggers. (I know...easier said than done).

Thanks for the reasuring words. It's great to see others with late bfp's and have gone on to have healthy pregnancies. I'm still shocked but please to hear that it also happened with somebody who had twins!!! I guess I just needed to hear some good news instead of the doom and gloom.

EVIL INTERNET!!!! I wish I was naive and was going into this blindly!!!!

Thanks again for the warm welcome and the encouraging words.
April 7th, 2006, 10:54 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Congrats and welcome!!! I think that the other ladies already answered your questions, but I wanted to say to "EVIL INTERNET"--AMEN! I can't help myself sometimes. I'm always looking for reassurance, but of course, my eye goes to the one terrible, heartbreaking story and I'm pretty sure that will happen to me. It sucks. Ok, so the Internet isn't that evil, I just can't train my brain to expect the best in pregnancy anymore!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search