Do you think you will feel as worried next time?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking today: I will be glad when this baby is born and the worry is over. Then I thought: Will I feel this way when I have more children? I want at least 2 or three and this is my first. I wonder sometimes will I always be this worried during every pregnancy or will it get easier the next time? In a way, I feel like I wont be as neurotic because I will know that I can produce a healthy child (assuming this one is ok), but right now I feel as if that's kind of up in the air. Then I think, well, anything can happen to anyone no matter what the circumstances. Any thoughts on this? Or is it just me going beyond worry into nuttiness?
April 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I'll probably worry still, but not as obsessively. I don't think the worry will ever totally go away, but it may dissapate once we know we have had at least 1 h/h baby.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
April 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't know it is hard to say. Maybe someone who has gone on to have more than one can answer you better. Maybe you will worry on the awarness side rather, the worry on the I'm going out of my mind.
April 6th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You will still worry. My 1st pg ended in m/c then my 2nd pg i had a beautiful DD who is now 3. My 3rd pg i thought well i already had 1 mc everything will be fine. In my case it wasnt. But i did not obsess of it. Now i am 5 days late and it seems like every minute i will worry. I agree with boxerlove, one you have a healthy baby then you dont worry as much, but you still worry.The only reason that i worry like i do is because of my 2 mc

img]
April 6th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SIL has had 2 healthy pgs since her mc and she worried with both of them!

I would like to think that I wont worry with the next one, but just knowing how worried I have been this time around, its hard to imagine being "normal" again.

With Ethan, I was so clueless and didnt ever worry over anything- man it would be nice to be that way again!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
April 6th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Hmmm I will still worry, but I don't think i'll worry as much as I did this time.... well i hope not

April 7th, 2006, 04:42 AM
hopin4a4rth
I think I will. I know w/ my weird uterus that a loss is very possible. I still don't know how I had 3 kids w/out a problem!!! W actually won't have any more, but hypothetically speaking, I would still worry if we did have another after this.
April 7th, 2006, 04:57 AM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still worry. I've had (see if you can stay with me) 1 sucsessful pg, 2m/c, another sucsessful pg, than 1 m/c, now this pg. The only pg I didn't worry with, was with my 1st. Even though I've gone on to have 2 (prayerfuly 3) children, the fear is still there. Espsecially since they couldn't tell me what happened with the 3 m/c. KWIM? Not everyone is the same though. Some will worry more than others. to all!
April 7th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Veteran
Yes, you will worry. It never really goes away.

I didn't think that I would after having my DD(after my 1 m/c), but as we started talking about TTC again I go really scared and put DH off for almost 6m before I was ready to even talk about it. DD was 2 before I was ready to start talking about TTC another. Having my 2nd m/c really confirmed my fears and made me VERY apprehensive about trying again(for the 4th time). Thankfully, this pg has stuck, but it's been rocky and I still don't feel that confidence that I felt while pg with DD.

I don't mean to bring anyone down, this is just how I felt and not everyone will worry or be as scared as I was. I think part of what scared me was going from 1 kid to 2 and not feeling ready to add to our family. The m/c fear was just a small fear that, unfortunately, came true for me.
<span style="color:#009900">~i~ 7/02, ~i~ 7/05

April 7th, 2006, 10:56 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I'm sure that I will worry, but I hope that it won't be as much!!! I spend WAY too much time now worrying, poking, crying, concentrating on my body to see if anything is changing as I'm paying attention, etc. It sucks. I feel like I'm wasting it all.

BUT

If this one comes out ok, then I'm sure that I'll at least have reassurance that my body CAN do this and that I'm NOT the Fetal Angel of Death. THAT is what I have been waiting for!

April 7th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Super Mommy
O.K. Here goes my story-

1st baby normal healthy, 2nd preg. miscarried, 3rd preg. no real worry and normal healthy baby, 4th preg. no worry baby fine, 5th preg. no worry baby fine, 6th preg no worry baby fine, 7th preg. no worry baby fine, 8th preg. miscarried, 9th worry baby miscarried, 10th worried miscarry, 11th preg. worry spotting and some bleeding for 3 weeks but ended up with another normal healthy baby, 12th baby worry and another miscarried baby. Now I am on #13 and with worry but now that we have a heart beat things are getting exciting.

M
8 wonderful kids - 2 girls and 6 boys
5 angel babies
Our little treasure
Emerald Rosalyn Faith born Oct.17th

JOY IS A CHOICE!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search