Movement?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2006, 12:16 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Today I'm 18w5d. This will be my first pregnancy to term (God, Allah, Universe, etc. willing), but I HAVE had several previous ones. One made it to about 21 weeks. I felt movement pretty early, but I was VERY thin (too thin), and it was in distress for basically the whole time. That was a couple of years ago. Since then, I've been pregnant a few times, and my uterus tends to enlarge quickly...along with the rest of my body, thanks to progesterone. So, I've steadily gained weight, had it monitored, all has to do with the progesterone, but that means that I'm not thin, but not huge.

There's part of the background. For this pregnancy, I gained weight instantly, in spite of not really eating. I felt teeny flutters around 9 weeks because I knew what I was looking for. Since then, it's been off and on, but now I'm starting to doubt what I feel at all. I guess that I had assumed that the previous pregnancy that made it this far would have stretched my uterus enough to feel more easily now. Is this not the case? I'm sure that the "extra padding" isn't really helping, either, but I would think that I'd be feeling movement at least every couple of days. I'm not very confident that what I'm feeling is the baby moving, either, sometimes. Of course, every time I go to the doc, she asks where I've been feeling, I point, and there's the heartbeat, exactly where it should be!

I guess I'm looking for reassurance. I'm wondering if anyone else has felt pretty good movements, then a decline, then felt more again? I'm getting the impression that more and more, it might be the lovely, long locks...on my belly...that are moving and causing the feeling.

Wow. This is all so poorly-worded and I don't even know that there's a legitimate question. Maybe I should just ask for comments.

Sorry, ladies. I feel pretty good after an appointment, less insane for a couple of days, then the confidence dwindles and I'm back in my little pit of despair.

April 7th, 2006, 12:26 PM
hopin4a4rth
I wrote a while back about how I feel great after an appt or a 'milestone', then all the worries come back! eek. I guess that's normal.

Just wnat to give you some reassurance. I started feeling movement at 12 weeks w/ this little one... but it was so sporadic. Sometimes I would feel him a lot and then not at all for days. I've been into the midwives twice just because I couldn't feel him moving. Well, I had spotting and stuff too, but I was so worried cause he was so calm. But he's fine so far. I'm 25 weeks now and am just starting to feel him move daily. I'm thinner than I was in my last 2 full term pregnancies, but I guess Erich is just a calmer baby than they were or something..
April 7th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Super Mommy
13 pregnancies 7 full term 5 loses

I started feeling movement sometimes early but it toke til around 20+ weeks to feel it everyday.

M
8 wonderful kids - 2 girls and 6 boys
5 angel babies
Our little treasure
Emerald Rosalyn Faith born Oct.17th

JOY IS A CHOICE!!!!
April 8th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Regular
Its interesting you post that topic, In the hish risk forum i was asking if this is kicks i feel! I feel this jolting everyday its not painfull just starteling, and i am only 17 weeks pregnant this is my 2nd pregnancy to go this far! And was hoping i am really feeling kicks, So maybe we both are feeling movement! Good Luck
April 8th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Thank you, ladies. I'm so sorry to be so worried all the time, but...well, I don't have to explain. If anyone understands, it's you! I HATE that anyone else is so worried, but it makes me feel better, like I'm not a complete kook, that some of the rest of you have to consider what you're feeling VERY closely, too...or, that you don't even feel anything for a couple of days. Of course, after I wrote this, I thought I felt more. I was telling DH that I felt like a hyperactive squid lived in me for the other one that made it this far. I could feel it all day every day by about 16.5 weeks. I guess that I'm just waiting for that point.

I spent about 6 hours last night not sleeping, wondering if those were intestinal twitches or strongish kicks. I poked my poor belly until it was sore and I couldn't tolerate it any more. I shifted, stood, crawled, etc. I'm just glad DH was asleep so he didn't have to witness the insanity.

And GoldEyes, welcome to the board!!! I certainly hope that we're both feeling movement!!!

April 11th, 2006, 08:56 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What I thought was movement (and still think is movement) , I have not felt in a while. I got a little worried because I hadn't felt it a few days before my doc's appointment, but then she heard a good hb, so I felt a little better. She also told me that I wouldn't feel the baby move for another couple of weeks, so then I started doubting I had felt anything at all. Anyway, I think felt the baby moving, so my official answer will be: No, I do not feel it frequently yet.
April 13th, 2006, 10:49 AM
soontobemommyto3
yup, I go back and forth. Sometimes I feel really good jabs and punches now, then for a few days it goes back to just flutters and rolls. Baby needs lots of sleep at this time.

Give it a couple more weeks and you will be feeling a lot more. My uterus gets big fast too. From what I can tell it is measuring about 26+ weeks and I'm 23 (using the fingers above belly button method) so that means peanut has a lot of room in there. Sometimes she gets really high and I feel the kicks best up high. Other times she is low and I feel less.

You can try the orange juice/soda/chocolate bar thing where you eat something high in sugar then lie down and see if you feel anything. I noticed my little boo is much more active about 10 mins after I eat. I also poke and prod her if she hasn't moved in my time frame - bad I know, but I get so worried if I go 2 hours without feeling anything.

Anyhow, around 21-22 weeks you will probably really start feeling the movement.
April 13th, 2006, 05:30 PM
OK, I think that this is getting better. Last night we had dinner with DH's parents. The ONLY pants I could wear out of the house and to a fancy restaurant have to be left unzipped and unbuttoned, then the flaps tucked down into my underwear. They're tight even then. I have interstitial cystitis, a bladder disorder, and a rare type at that. I have large lesions in my bladder. So, we're sitting at dinner, I'm trying to be better than my inappropriate self and I think it kicked me--HARD and right over one of the bladder ulcers. I thought I'd throw up from pain.

Over the past few days, I've felt flutters and twitches way more. At least, I'm hoping that's the baby and not digestion, etc. My uterus is measuring large, I can tell, so either the baby is getting bigger than it should, or the uterus being so large has kept it from being felt too much before now. I think that's the case. Oh, I HOPE that's it and I'm not just making it out to be it because I want to feel regular movement.

Think I've gotta go recline, though...the back is not being cooperative with me today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search