been gone - did you miss me?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2006, 10:02 AM
soontobemommyto3
We went on vacation last week to sunny Florida, which was really nice since it has rained for about 8 weeks straight here. I don't reccommend flying on a plane while pregnant if you can help it. I had to get up to pee every hour and that was a pain, then my feet swelled up like little water balloons which thankfully now that we are home are back to normal.

I have an OB appointment tomorrow and I'm worried about weight gain. I am gaining so fast with this pregnancy. Even though I'm not overeating or even eating for 2. I pretty much am eating what what I ate before I got pregnant. I don't want a lecture from the DR

I am starting to get worried again. I have an ultrasound on the 20th at 24 weeks. It is basically my "big" ultrasound since the ultrasound I had with the amnio at 16 weeks the baby wasn't big enough to get good measurements, although what they did see was fine. I am just worried they are going to find some congential problem now, like a heart defect or something. Since we already know the gender I don't even have that to distract me. And the techs at the preinatology center are so closed mouth you can't tell a thing from them. And DH can't go with me because he has to watch the kids and they don't allow children in the center

So that is my vent. Oh and my kitty is probably going to die soon. She is 11 years old and yesterday she lost the use of her back legs. We called the vet and she was able to walk again in an hour or so but we took her in anyway and she has a bad heart and she is getting blood clots in her legs. It won't be long before she gets one in her lung, heart or brain Poor thing. I wanted to put her to sleep but the DR said she could have anywhere from a week to a year left. I just don't like to see her so scared and in pain. She got another clot in her leg last night and kept me up 1/2 the night mewing. I just petted her and told her she'd be ok. And I have no idea how I am going to explain the kitty dying to my daughter. She loves that cat.

Thanks for listening.
April 13th, 2006, 04:25 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
SUSAN!!! I DID miss you! I was wondering where you went...and, I admit, I was a little worried about you. I bet you posted somewhere that you were leaving for a little bit, but I somehow missed it. Anyway, I'm glad that Florida was relaxing! And, I don't ever want to fly on a plane pregnant--even at 6-8 weeks, I was miserable.

I'm finishing up my crying spell for your cat. I love animals ferociously, and the hardest thing is watching one suffer in any form. Poor little thing. I just want to hold her for you. Now I'm crying again. I don't know how to explain it to Sophie. I know how hard *I* take it, that I can't ever think of a way to make it better for a child. Ugh. How devastating for all of you. I'm glad that you pay attention to her and give her all the petting she wants.

I'm going to try to find some of the sites, but by accident, I stumbled across all sorts of them that talk about odds of a defect being found later than 16 weeks. I know that this is just to make sure, but I'd worry, too. Anyway, everything I read (and everything one of the docs told me) indicates that if nothing was wrong then, you have an excellent chance of nothing being wrong now. I mean, if they couldn't see it...you know what I mean. (My brain is complete mush...sorry. None of that probably made sense.)

I'll be thinking about you during your appointments tomorrow and on the 20th! Maybe you should just head off your doc and address the weight gain before he has a chance to. If you're eating well, then I'm sure that's all he really wants. Is he a lecturer?

Good luck, and hugs to your kitty and Sadie...or, pokes to Sadie. Something loving.

April 14th, 2006, 06:54 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did miss you and wondered where you were. Sorry your vacation got so much rain.

Having had one of those doctor lectures myself, I can tell you it's not fun. I am really watching what I eat now, not dieting, just choosing carefully. I am sure that your baby is ok. I know that's no comfort. Funny enough, my big u/s is on the 20th too! And I've been worried about the possibility of defects as well. I just keep trying to tell myself that they can fix practically anything nowadays as far as defects go.

What you said about your cat breaks my heart. They become like members of the family. Poor little sophie, I'm so sorry ya'll are going through this. I know your kitty is happier knowing that she is surrounded by loving family.
April 14th, 2006, 09:58 AM
hopin4a4rth
Bummer on the rain But YAY for a vacation!!!

I worry constantly about my weight gain. I'm 26 weeks and I've gained 14 lbs so far. ICK! I hate gaining

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search