Cerclage last night....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had my double McDonald cerclage last night. They put a stitch in the top of the cervix and one in the bottom. My doctor is world reknowned, from the middle-east somewhere. Very nice man.

Anyhoo, I got to the hospital and I really wasn't nervous at all. I knew I had to just trust in God, and my wonderful TEAM of doctors, and my gut instinct. The weighed me I still haven't lost all the weight from the first pg, so the LARGE number was slightly upsetting but not surprising. IV was started. They tried to find baby with the doppler but all they could hear is the placenta (which is basically the same as hearing MY h/b). So they got out the u/s machine. Unfortunately they had taken my glasses from me since I was in pre-op and I couldn't see a friggin thing!! The nurse was like "Oh look - it's flying all over the place! See?" I said "nope, can't see anything." She was gonna print a picture...... AND THE MACHINE WAS OUT OF FRIGGIN' PAPER!!!! Oh well. h/b was in the 150's, everything looked good (so they tell me), so I proceeded to surgery.

I had a spinal, which like last time was no big deal. I also had some sedation, which was nice. The surgery was literally only 10 minutes. I was out of the hospital about 2 hrs later.

Once the spinal wore off, I started to cramp really badly. This is normal, considering my cervix was just pierced twice. They wrote me a scrip for Percocet but said it prolly wouldn't be necessary. I got home and wished we had filled it. I fell asleep and woke up in excruciating pain. Couldnt remember if it was ibuprofen or acetominophn that we prego's can take. It was awful the pain. I was also nauseated BIG TIME. I just shifting arount, trying to be comfortable and NOT puke. I called my folks first thing and they told me which one. Now I'm fine. The doc said I can resume all prior activity (except for SEX) by saturday!

I feel like my main obstacle has been dealt with. Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy continues without incident.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
April 14th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I didn't know you had to go through that... how tough. Well, I am glad things are fine... sounds like you're moving along and baby is boucing away... such a wonderful feeling, I'm sure... I hope to be there soon too!!!!! Get to feeling better soon!

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

April 14th, 2006, 01:17 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering about you this morning. I am sorry you were in so much pain, but happy that things went well and the cerclage is in place. Here's hoping for an uneventful remaining pregnancy!
April 14th, 2006, 02:37 PM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's to an uneventful, smooth, pregnancy.

April 14th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I dont post here much but I'm a frequent lurker.
I'm sorry about all the after-math that you're going through. However I'm thrilled to hear the actual surgery went well and wish you a smooth pregnancy w/ no problems!

April 14th, 2006, 03:29 PM
dkeibriandjmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad things worked out for you!!!
April 14th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yea Robyn & baby!!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well!

April 14th, 2006, 04:19 PM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry it was rough - but VERY happy everything turned out so good. Yes, yes, lets all have uneventful pregnancies.

</div>
April 14th, 2006, 05:00 PM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh robyn im so happy everything went ok with the surgery! you will be just fine.i just wished they woulda had some friggin paper or at least say hey go get her specs!glad all is well,you rest up and take care.

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
April 16th, 2006, 09:17 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you had to go through that but I am sure having that in place is more re-assuring. So glad your little peanut was healthy and that it went as good as it could...

Hope the rest of your pregnancy is un-eventful

April 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Oh, it's too bad you didn't get to see it, but it's still wonderful to hear that all is going well, right?!

Brave woman...I know that it's completely worth it, but the thought of a cerclage makes me queasy...and every time I think about it, I actually have shooting pains. Eek!

Congrats on getting it done early and here's to smooth sailing from here on out!

April 16th, 2006, 10:54 PM
sunshinemommie's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope you are feeling better. I am sure your little baby is snug and happy, and didn't even know what his/or her mommy just went through.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search