Had my BIG us yesterday!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls! Well, I have made it past the 1/2 way mark and I just cant believe how fast time is flying! August still seems so far away, but it amazes me that I am 5 months pregnant!

So anyway, we had our big u/s yesterday and everything looked GREAT! Baby was camera shy, and made it nearly impossible for the nurse to get certain measurments of things- we were in there forever!!! We didnt ask to know the sex of the baby, so she didnt even go in "that area." So for sure, we are going to have a surprise at the delivery! I am so excited! (I am proud of myself for not bending at the last minute!) It was so cute to see the baby with his/her hands under their chin, like they were posing for a picture or something. And at one point, he/she had both hands covering their eyes, as if the u/s was a flashlight in their face or something! It reminds me of how Ethan was and still is in the morning- he would curse the sun each morning if he knew how to!

We even got a few views in 4D... however those pictures scared me! Baby hardly has fat on its face, so it was a pretty creepy site to see!

I do get to have another us in 2 weeks because they are starting to monitor my cervix more closely since when I was pg with Ethan I began dialtating at 29 weeks. My dr isnt too concerened at this point and says so far the length of my cervix is right in the range it needs to be, but with the lower "pressure" pain I have had this past week, we can never play it too safe! So think positively and hope there will be no bed rest for me this time!!!

Here are some pictures, if you guys want to see 'em!

So what do you think- does it look like a boy, a girl, or a monster?

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
April 15th, 2006, 10:03 AM
soontobemommyto3
looks like a girl Like I know hahaha

Baby looks great!
April 15th, 2006, 10:47 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, how sweet! Looks like a, um, girl?
April 16th, 2006, 09:20 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How cute! I love to see those pictures- i think it looks like a boy

April 16th, 2006, 07:17 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I think it looks...just plain ADORABLE!

Congrats on everything going well! We're not finding out either, so I'm glad to know that they don't even go in the disputed territory.

Your little one looks perfect.

April 16th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
We're not finding out either, so I'm glad to know that they don't even go in the disupted territory. [/b]
Well, I wouldnt quite say "adorable" to describe the 4D pic, I think it is still a bit creepy! But we are excited it looks human, well, almost at least!

And we didnt find out with Ethan, but the technician there checked it all and when she was measuring something else close to the private area, and I still dont know what she wsa doing down there, she said, "Ok, look away if you want to be surprised- I dont want you to see anything poking out!" We were like, hmmmm, girls dont poke out...

But we still thought maybe she just said that to everyone, who knows. So yes, I am glad this lady didnt even go in that area- not even close. (and I was trying to get a peek!) This technician said, when she first turned on the screen, "Hers her head, heres her brain, heres her heart etc." but then she caught herself and said, "I dont know why I am saying its a girl, I havent seen between the legs!" And its true, she hadnt.

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search