Do you ever feel like this

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2005, 11:04 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Sometimes I think people just think I am doom and gloom or just negative. When people talk to me about spotting I always respond with a you need to call your doctor, with my friends and people on message boards. Sometimes I have a hard time being reassuring because of my experience. I remember when I had my second miscarriage, I had brown spotting and everyone kept telling me oh thats nothing to worry about. You only need to worry about red spotting. So now I have a hard time when anyone has any spotting not thinking the worst. Its not that I want anyone to miscarry its just my natural reaction. I always worry. If I see any spotting at all I freak. I feel like sometimes people get upset with me like well just because that happened to you doesn't mean that will happen to me. I like to post on the pregnancy after mc boards because I feel like the moms here can relate with my worrying and sometimes negativity. I don't really think its negativity for me its just my coping mechanism. I seem to always prepare myself for the worst. And I also know how doctors are. They will sit there and tell you don't worry when your bleeding and not even see you if you don't have a history of recurrent mc. I think everyone that has any spotting should be seen right away and I don't like how many doctors brush this off. Anyway, just needed to talk about this.

Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

Friend me on Facebook!
March 11th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When i miscarried, it started as brown spotting too. Then it stopped for almost 24 hours. Then the next morning, it was like pink, it wasn't until that night that I actually had any red at all and we went straight to the ER. When I got there I still was barely bleeding, but it was too late already.

I totally know where you are coming from and have had 2 major freakouts this pregnancy. The first was some red spotting at 11 weeks and the second was a couple days ago with red spotting too. I had to beg the dr. office to give me an u/s when the early one happened, but thankfully they did and everything was okay. But I to think all bleeding (especially early on) should be checked.

March 11th, 2005, 09:35 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
I agree. I never had spotting with my m/c. I actually went 2 days after finding out that my baby had died inutero before my D&C. It was Easter weekend and my dr was worried I would have complications over the weekend and not be able to get him. I totally think that spotting calls for a visit to the dr.
March 14th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
I havent had any spotting this time around but when I lost my baby in December I had some brown spotting for a few days. I too was told by the ladies in another forum that it was nothing to worry about. I didnt go to the ER until I was really bleeding and in a lot of pain... I wish that I would have gone sooner...
March 21st, 2005, 04:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Mine was dark reddish brown. One thing I can say about this clinic though, if you see any blood at all before 20 weeks you go right to the ER. She made me do a urine sample first thing and it was full of blood. I wasn't in the waiting room 2 minutes. I got the standard speech too, that many women bleed and go on to have healthy babies. Now that I've been through it I always think the worse too. I know for me the chances of bleeding and not miscarrying are probably zero. I don't think its pessimestic as much as realistic. I didn't accept that this baby was actually going to happen until I started feeling movement. Defense mechanism, I'm sure. Once we've miscarried we lose that innocence we had before. Sometimes I miss that, just sheer joy and no worry.

Kristal, even if you had gone sooner, chances are there was nothing that could have been done. I bled a bit that sent me to the ER, but that was it, then just brownish spotting and not every day and I didn't have any pain until I passed the sac, thats when all the blood and pain came. The baby was already gone for about 2 weeks when I went to the ER, another 2 when I passed the sac. You would have probably known sooner, but there was nothing they could have done. Don't blame yourself for not going sooner.
March 21st, 2005, 11:30 AM
little_hunnyb's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to little_hunnyb Send a message via MSN to little_hunnyb Send a message via Yahoo to little_hunnyb
Patty,
You are not any of those things you call yourself. You have right to worry, I did the same thing...I never even spotted with my m/c or had cramping...it wasn't until DH and I had sex that I bled bright red. This time I have had spotting, all brown and I was freakin out...and probably driving DH nuts...for the last two weeks I have been calm, probably because I have seen the heartbeat 2 times and have stopped spotting...don't ask me besides that what keeps me calm...intuitions maybe...right now nothing could knock down the good feelings I get from knowing that I'm going to have a healthy baby...I had bad intuitions when I miscarried, I figure if I have good one's then I should trust them...good luck and lots of HUGS...you will pull through and you have no worries about what other people think of you...we luv u
Mom to Sirus 3 years old
Soon to be mom ???
I am hoping for a girl!
6 weeks & 3 days pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search