Popping in with a question :)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Hi ladies

Congrats to you all

We had a loss on Feb. 5th and I had a D&C. We're TTC again right away. I'm 41 and don't have time to wait. This was our first loss; we have 3 wonderful little boys already (3, 2 & 1).

My question is this.... (it's 2 fold).

1. How soon after your loss did you get your period?
2. And then when did you get your BFP?

Thank you so much and healthy, happy and wonderful 9 months to you all

Joanne

March 5th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi Joanne,
firstly, im so sorry to hear about your loss

I got my period back exactly 5wks after my d&c.
after that loss it took us another 5 months to get a bfp again.

I hope your sticky bfp is just around the corner x

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
March 5th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
when we were TTC Gaby, I had a m/c on November 19 (2005), my period came back 27 days later, and then it was the 3rd cycle post m/c, that I got my (sticky) bfp

March 5th, 2010, 10:23 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Joanne,

I'm so sorry for your loss

I had a D&C at 12 weeks, and I got my period 43 days after. We got pregnant again 5 months later, but we weren't actively trying that whole time.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 5th, 2010, 11:07 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am sorry for your loss.....

I m/c on Oct 26,2006 ..I think it was almost 6 weeks for me before AF showed up.....
we waited Aug of 07 to ttc.....I got my bfp 10/26/07

best of luck to you for a sticky bean !

March 6th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Thank you so much ladies. I appreciate you replying to me.

Have a great day

Joanne

March 6th, 2010, 08:25 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the past it has always taken about 4 weeks to get AF back. Right on time for me every time.

As far as a BFP it has taken anywhere from 8 cycles to this baby being on the back of a loss. I m/c Dec 23 and got a BFP Jan 14. We do have sperm issues though and I am 35. So, not perfect TTC conditions

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

March 6th, 2010, 09:34 AM
dancefever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss

I got my period exactly 28 days after my D&C (which is my normal cycle length).
And technically got my BFP 3 months later, however, we weren't trying the first 2 cycles (didn't have sex very often those months at all). So I'd say, we got it right away after we tried.

Good luck!

March 6th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks again ladies. It's great to read these, really great.

March 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Joanne - i'm really sorry for your loss! ....I had a D&C Nov 28th'ish and then ovulated around Dec 12th'ish...i got my BFP Dec 21st. My previous loss before that one took several months to get our BFP. but my period started "normally" again the next cycle. GL I'm sending you lots of baby dust and sticky cement!!! PS I love the tattoo you got - i think it's beautiful!
March 6th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alethia View Post
Hey Joanne - i'm really sorry for your loss! ....I had a D&C Nov 28th'ish and then ovulated around Dec 12th'ish...i got my BFP Dec 21st. My previous loss before that one took several months to get our BFP. but my period started "normally" again the next cycle. GL I'm sending you lots of baby dust and sticky cement!!! PS I love the tattoo you got - i think it's beautiful!
Thanks so much Happy 14 weeks by the way

I love my new tattoo too. I hope I can add a 'heart' very, very soon.

March 6th, 2010, 09:00 PM
momma2princesses's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Absolutely adore your tattoo...what a way to cherish the baby you lost, and hold near the ones you have!

I lost my baby on Sept 9th (first tri loss) and had a D&C that day. I got my next period in Dec ovulated Dec 5st or so and got my BFP on Dec 15th. It took me quite awhile to get my period back but I am also overweight and took soy isoflavones thinking it would help me ovulate sooner...in reality all it did was make me have a ridiculously long cycle

I was devastated to hear of your loss....I am in the Aug DDC, but due the 31st so I was in the Sept DDC a lot. I think everyone was broken for you. I hope you are healing well....its still sad for me to think of my loss, but getting my next BFP helped me to move on a little.
Suzannah (2.5)

March 6th, 2010, 09:24 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
I am so sorry for your loss.

I miscarried naturally, but I got my period very regular afterward - pretty much 30 days from the last day of bleeding. We got pregnant with this stubborn little man the first cycle!

March 7th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2princesses View Post
Absolutely adore your tattoo...what a way to cherish the baby you lost, and hold near the ones you have!

I lost my baby on Sept 9th (first tri loss) and had a D&C that day. I got my next period in Dec ovulated Dec 5st or so and got my BFP on Dec 15th. It took me quite awhile to get my period back but I am also overweight and took soy isoflavones thinking it would help me ovulate sooner...in reality all it did was make me have a ridiculously long cycle

I was devastated to hear of your loss....I am in the Aug DDC, but due the 31st so I was in the Sept DDC a lot. I think everyone was broken for you. I hope you are healing well....its still sad for me to think of my loss, but getting my next BFP helped me to move on a little.
Thank you for this. It made me cry. It means a lot to me. I think I broke a little bit too. So sad. But I'm okay. I love my tattoo too. It's perfect

March 7th, 2010, 12:52 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for your loss. All my miscarriages have been natural and I had bleeding for several weeks after my miscarriages. It was always a couple months before I got a regular period back. Good luck!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search