need some advice, Q about ectopic pg...UPDATED

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 12:53 PM
faysdt414's Avatar Mother, Crafter, OT
Hi ladies, i could really use some guidance... im freaking out and dont know if i should be or not.
Last week at 7 weeks pg i started getting pains in my pelvis, only on the right side.. though nothing of at first, i had been on my feet all day at work and though it was from that. Next day pain was still there but started getting better as the day passed. I did some research and got myself scared that i could be having an ectopic pg! i havent had my first ultrasound yet (its tomorrow) and since the pain went away i didnt call my doctor. BUT today that pelvic pain is back! not as bad as last week, but there!

So, my Q for those of you who have had ectopic pg:
Did you find out that it was ectopic only at your first u/s, without any pains?
For those who started with pain, When the pain started did it come and go or once you had the pain it got worse till you needed to see the doctor or go to ER?

any input would be appreciated!! im so scared, sicne my loss in november i just cant get calm about this pregnancy!

Fay

Update:
looks like the pain is just my uterus stretching out, baby is in uterus and measuring on target and HB 150!
pics:

thanks for all the advice and input!!
Fay

Ella Chaya: March 15, 2012 (8.14lbs)

Last edited by faysdt414; March 9th, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
March 8th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Me personally, I had 3 u/s across the span of 3 weeks & never saw the baby - not in my uterus- and not in the fallopian tube, abdominal cavity, cervix...

The only indicator for me that something was awry, was that my hcg levels were rising, but definately weren't doubling in the time they should...

I actually didn't experience any pain related to my ectopic - except a little backpain (but that was more related to a little fall I had, I think)... The doctors were never able to confirm via u/s that I had an ectopic, but because the pregnancy certainly wasn't in the uterus, it was the conclusion the came to - i had a 'pregnancy of unknown origin', and had to go for exploratory laparascopic surgery. They ended up finding the pregnancy in my right fallopian tube, and I ended up having to have my fallopian tube removed.

I was 8w0d when I had the surgery

March 8th, 2010, 02:39 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an ectopic pg and it was found at 5w6d via u/s. I could see it as clear as day in my right tube the second the tech starting looking there.

The only indicator I had was red bleeding. Honestly thought I was having another m/c but it turns out it was internal bleeding from my tube. And like the pp said my numbers were not doubling like they should. I had NO pain at all with this pg.

HOWEVER when I was pg with my DS after my ectopic I had a really bad pain on my left side...where my one remaining tube is...and it scared me so much! The doctor did an u/s and I had a cyst on my left ovary that was causing the pain.

Make sure you bring up the pain with your doctor tomorrow and KUP (((HUGS)))

March 8th, 2010, 02:53 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
It could just be round ligamament pain from everything relaxing and stretching. I haven't had an ectopic, but with my last 2 pregnancies, I was positive it was ectopic because I had an ache on one side in my lower abdomen that would get worse if i moved and they were both fine. Hope that's the case for you!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

March 8th, 2010, 06:22 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
I have not had an ectopic either, but I had really bad dull pain in my left hip area for 2 weeks around 8 wks and 9 wks, never in the right side though. It is now gone at 12 wks. I had already seen the baby at my 8 wk u/s, but I was worried there was another baby growing in the tube they had missed or something. No, just ligaments stretching was what it turned out to be.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

March 9th, 2010, 04:21 AM
thanks you guys for responding. i had a crying breakdown to DH last night, he thinks im a little nuts and i felt bad bec. i really started making him upset. I pray that its just a cyst or ligament pain.. i know there is still some hope, but i wont lie im freaking out and it will feel like forever to get to 3pm today, ugh!

March 9th, 2010, 07:30 PM
updated..

March 10th, 2010, 10:19 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!! So glad that baby is in the right place and his/her little heart is just beating way

March 10th, 2010, 10:43 AM
noworries
That's great news!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search