So I went to the L&D the other day... Everything is fine.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2010, 08:41 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I have had these chest pains for a few weeks and figured it was nothing. Well, one morning it woke me up at 5 am. I had to sit up in bed because it hurt so bad. It typically only lasts for 5 to 10 minutes and then it goes away. Well, I went ahead and called the OB, thinking they would just tell me that it was really bad indigestion or that my ribs were moving or spreading or something due to the pregnancy. Instead they told me I needed to go to L&D. Of course when I get there, they asked me some questions and didn't really know what was causing it. They said, either just a muscular-skeletal thing (ribs spreading due to pregnancy) or something is wrong with my gall bladder. But if it were my gall bladder, I would probably notice that the pain comes when I eat (especially fattening foods) or I would have vomiting or nausea (I have neither). So I felt stupid for going. They told me to call my OB and see about having a right quadrant u/s done but I haven't called because I figured if it gets worse I will call and I have an appointment in a couple weeks anyway. Also, they monitored baby and he was perfectly fine.

Anyway, they also checked my urine and said my ketones were a little high. The nurse said I wasn't eating enough. I felt awful because I know I get soooo busy at work that sometimes I eat late or skip a meal here an there. I know I work in a school, but I have a million deadlines to meet! I have 60 some kids I work with and on top of that I am always doing new evaluations and have paperwork to complete or the state dings the school district which affects school funding for special education. I have beens so tired lately and stressed and now I feel awful because I am not eating how I should!

So I am just venting a little. I am stressed at work, tired, having weird chest pains and I don't know why, and now I apparently am not eating right. I did go grocery shopping this weekend and am planning on making sure I pack lots of healthy snacks for myself.

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

March 14th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm sorry your'e feeling so stressed etc last thing you need right now huh!

March 14th, 2010, 09:11 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
it sounds like you have so much on your plate....I hope things get a little easier soon.

if eating a full meal is not possible at times.....try "grazing" throughout the day...
pack a snack bag with some cereal bars,cheese sticks,maybe even some dry cereal, yogurt.juice box or small carton of milk....easy on the go snacks. at least you will be getting something....kwim?

it will help and will keep your energy up also.....
a few can't hurt either right ?

March 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
I had gallbladder issues while pregnant with my DD... it was AWEFUL and I had a severe case, but it is VERY VERY common in pregnancy.

Did they do an ultrasound of your gallbladder to check for stones? That is how they figured it out with me and I want you to know that the attacks would come at any time even in the middle of the night long after I hadn't eaten anything. So, don't just let it go... you could have a mild case and could control it with diet. (avoiding fatty foods, nuts, seeds, carbonated drinks, eggs)

Talk to your OB about it, mine had sent me down to radiologist and that's how we found out. Ut very well sounds like your gallbladder, they normally will NOT take it out until after delivery unless it is life or death.

Hang in there and I'm sorry to hear about your pains

March 15th, 2010, 12:39 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am going to step back on and ditto what Celena said....
I had attacks years ago that were terrible....I thought I was going to die....sometimes in the middle of the night.....no nausea or vomiting...just PAIN

please KUP

March 15th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Celena. I had my gall bladder out about 9 years ago when I was only 21 years old and was not overweight and had no family history. A very unlikely candidate but I had them. I never had nausea or vomiting just chest pains so severe that i couldn't walk or talk, it was very scary and I had a few trips to emergency before I was diagnosed.

Definitely get it checked out and if you do have them you will just need to watch your diet until the baby arrives and you can have your gall bladder taken out.

Take care

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

March 15th, 2010, 07:01 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I hope you find out what is causing your pain. Please KUP!

March 15th, 2010, 07:33 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 15th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Hope you start feeling better soon and the stress level goes down!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

March 15th, 2010, 05:11 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for all the support! I plan on talking with my OB about the chest pain during my next appointment (next week). If it gets worse... I will call in before my appointment. Most of the time it doesn't hurt, just every once in a while (and it's not that bad).

I also went shopping this weekend and bought a bunch of snacks for work. I am trying to be better about eating. Hopefully things will calm down at work soon! Spring break is coming up in 2 weeks and then I will get a whole week off! I just have to get through these next 2 weeks!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

March 23rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
mom2zachnmac's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi, just saw this post and wanted to add that it does sound like it could be gallstones to me. I had the same pain like that 4 episodes months and months apart from each other at random times one time lasting about an hour and a half. No other symptoms at all and like you said- once in the middle of the night. I did have gallstones and they were going to remove the gallbladder but I found out i was pregnant. I went through the whole pregnancy with no attacks and 7 months postpartum and now i'm pregnant again so still not removed but i've had no more attacks. Just wanted to let you know that that is definitely what it could be.

[IMG][/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search