Pregnant after miscarriage, worried it is happening again *Update* #24

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Regular

Hello. My name is Brandi and I have a beautiful 3.5 year old named Q. DH and I have been TTC for almost a year. I am new to this board and would appreciate some advice.
I had a miscarriage in early December. I was only 6 weeks along when I had the miscarriage. I am about 4.5 weeks along now and am spotting bright red. Not a lot though. I spotted with my first child, but it seemed to be earlier on and only brown. I am not cramping, but feel some tugging on my left hand side. I am terrified that I am having another miscarriage. I am going to call the dr tomorrow, but I know what they will say, that they can not do anything, that its nothing. They did that last time and I lost the baby. I don't know what to do. I keep praying that everything will be fine. I do not know if I can go through this again. Please help.

Last edited by MommyofQ; March 18th, 2010 at 06:52 PM.
March 15th, 2010, 09:02 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm sending T&P for you and the baby. I really hope that the spotting isn't a bad thing!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 15th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Brandi, I'm very very new here and I'm not clear on the etiquette of response or how to show compassion to you but please accept what I can offer.

I know you are scared, because this is scary. And you know what loss is like. And I'm never going to say "What will be will be, it's gods will -" or any of that other insanity that the nurses say over the telephone when you call terrified. Let's start with this. Bleeding, bright red bleeding IS scary. But it could be nothing. It does happen at times. Just try to hold on, ok? Imagine me, imagine anyone here holding your hand, holding you and saying it's going to be ok. You are going to get through this. If the dr says "theres nothing they can do but wait and see, that doesn't mean you can't go home, put your feet up and try to let whatever issues need to resolve, resolve.

It may be cold comfort to you but I red spotting at 6, significant bleeding (a LOT of bleeding, pouring down my leg blood clot bleeding) at both 8 weeks and 13 weeks. All three times I got the "gods will" talk, and the last two I was in an ER with the word miscarriage on my intake / chart - and you know what, that "miscarriage" is sleeping about 20 feet away from me right now, a beautiful BIG healthy 3yr old girl. So try to hold on and see where this scary path leads. And take it easy. I know all the boards and websites say you can do it all, but I'm old schooling it. Granny says: Feet up, minimize the stairs, no s*x, no gym until that little baby takes root. Please update (us). Be well, big big big BIG hugs.
March 15th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
debbeblue I think you said it wonderfully!

I will just add that I am thinking about you and hoping it's nothing. Spotting and bleeding can be ok in pregnancy. I know anyone who has been through a loss would rather not see that kind of thing but it can still result in a healthy pregnancy.

Take some deep breaths and relax. Easier said that done BUT no matter what know that we are all here rooting for you!

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

March 16th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Regular
Thank you all so much. Your encouraging words are so helpful. It is nice hearing them from people who truly understand. I am following the excellent advice, staying home from work today and taking it easy. It is so hard for me to not do anything, but this little baby is more important than checking something off my to-do list.

I took another HPT this morning and it was positive! I am going to cling to all the good news I can.

Thanks again!
March 16th, 2010, 05:52 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I hope everything is fine.

March 16th, 2010, 07:09 AM
krystal g's Avatar Happy to be a SAHM!
I know how scary it is...I really hope everything turns out OK. Just take it easy today...hopefully the spotting will stop. Keep us posted. HUGS.

My blog!
March 16th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Hoping's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know it is so scary! Your doc office would probably draw HCG and see what your levels are then do another draw to make sure they are rising. It will at least give you a little bit of an answer. *hugs!* you are in my t&p!!

Our Two Miracles!
Alexis Jade 5/28/08 and Evan Russell 6/28/10
Always Remembering our 3 angels in heaven
March 16th, 2010, 07:53 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been spotting (yes, even bright red) with this baby since the beginning. My ob put me on progesterone suppositories after my levels came back low - that seemed to help. You may want to try giving your OB a call and have them run your blood work - let them know your concern. I know how scary it is. T&P for you!!!
March 16th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Regular
I am going in for blood work tomorrow. They asked me to go in tomorrow and Thursday. Hopefully I will hear some good news on Friday.
March 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Hugs!!!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

March 16th, 2010, 02:10 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bled with clots...and not tiny ones with this pregnancy. With my sucessful pregnancies I always bled/spotted. With my losses the HPT went negative and then a few days later I would lose the baby.

If your test is still dark, that is a great sign. Try and relax. There really isn't anything the doc can do to save a failing pregnancy but they can do a lot to reassure you it isn't failing. They can run betas (bloodwork) to make sure your number are rising properly and then if they are they can do an ultrasound soon. I saw the HB with this bean at 5w6d, with Matthew at 6w3d.

Blood is scary, but it doesn't have to mean the end Chin up and stay strong.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

March 16th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you and baby well. I hope everything works out and you get good blood results back.

My Ovulation Chart
March 16th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really think it's cruel to spot after losses! - I know too well! I have lost 2 babies - this is my third pregnancy - and I spotted in this one too - at about 8 or 9 weeks. SO far so good - I have a big round belly that is kicking away as I type. I am hoping and praying that this one is a sticky bean for you! KUP ok?

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
March 16th, 2010, 05:14 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can they at least check your HCG levels to see if they are doubling like they should? That's what my OB did with me for all 3 miscarriages. I actually have had spotting with all of my pregnancies (and I currently have a 2 year old and am 25 weeks pregnant!). So try to relax and take it easy (easier said than done... I know). I really hope everything turns out ok! Stick baby stick!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

March 16th, 2010, 10:34 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I don't think I could say anything better than what the ladies have already posted.
I will be keeping you and your bean in my thoughts. Try to stay calm and take it easy...and please keep us posted. We all understand this fear and will be here for support.....many hugs and best wishes to you....and lots of sticky dust !

March 17th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Regular
I had my blood drawn today. The nurse told me they should have my results tomorrow(the blood work is done at a separate lab). I cried the entire time. I hate crying in public, I am not a good crier. I am still hoping for good news though. Thanks everyone for your supportive words. It truly does help.

March 17th, 2010, 03:20 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

March 17th, 2010, 05:14 PM
fingers crossed here as well.
March 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ditto

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search