Heartbeat fluxuation

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Hoping's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes when I listen to the doppler my babies heartbeat will just drop suddenly and stay down in the 110's or in the 90's for like 2 or 3 beats, then raise back up. I am pretty sure it is still the babies heartbeat I am picking up and not my own, but I can't be totally positive. Has anyone else had this happen? I mentioned it to my doc last time and she was saying that those dips sometimes happen when someone is like 20 to 24 weeks preg, but really shouldn't happen after about 26 weeks. She did an NST on me just to make me feel better, but I am so early for one that the machine kept loosing baby because he kept kicking trying to get away from the monitor LOL. What it did keep of baby was great. Stayed consistant in the 140's with the occasional dip down to high 120's, but never stayed long. It only happens occasionally when I listen, but happened this morning. Stayed low for like 2 beats and then raised again. Like I said, I don't really know if baby just moved and the doppler had a hard time picking it up for a sec, or if it was the baby. Just curious if anyone else has experience. My 20 week u/s looked great with this heart. All four chambers clearly seen, but I guess I worry about maybe something going on with the cord or whatever.

Our Two Miracles!
Alexis Jade 5/28/08 and Evan Russell 6/28/10
Always Remembering our 3 angels in heaven
March 16th, 2010, 08:01 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it could be baby just moving ... and then you pick up your own hb....or just a change when baby is moving. If you're still feeling concerned def talk to your doctor more about it at your next appt.... I'm sure they'll be happy to maybe do another NST for you..and keep track of your kiddo!
March 16th, 2010, 08:08 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a lot of funny readings on my doppler when Logan was still able to move a lot, too. I never did figure out what caused them. If you do talk to your doctor about it, please let us know what he says. I hope that he's able to put your mind at rest!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 16th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I would imagine it's to do with the baby moving away - even the slightest bit can affect the soundwaves

March 16th, 2010, 01:28 PM
^^ That is what I was kind of thinking since there was absolutely nothing wrong with the babies heart at the 20 week u/s. I am going to monitor it closely this week and keep records then call the doc if it happens several times. I am sure they will see me and do whatever test they need to to make sure all is well. I do get a u/s next appointment to check my fluid level and a small fibroid I seem to have developed , so that will make me feel better to have everything looked at. I think I have plenty of fluid though as baby is an active one.

Our Two Miracles!
March 16th, 2010, 01:31 PM
priddymama's Avatar Veteran
I def think you might be picking up yours especially since the baby's probably moving around alot.
March 16th, 2010, 10:25 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I got weekly NST w/ Katie after 26 weeks....And I can tell you....we got those dips too...right up until she was born @ 37 weeks. I am sure all is well ...but ask your dr. to ease your mind....I never knew what caused it either!

March 17th, 2010, 10:02 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are worried about a cord issue ask the doctors to check the blood flow at your next u/s. It is really kinda neat. They can even put color to the blood flowing into and away from the heart. It will help put your mind at ease.

I agree with the others...it is probably just baby moving around in there. Someone once told me...I think it was on this board...that the monitor thing and dopplars sounds like a helicopter to the baby in the womb and that is why they will kick at it and move away from it.

March 17th, 2010, 04:56 PM
thanks y'all. I feel better, but I am still monitoring it closely. This morning I listened for over 5 min with no dip, so that is good news. If I get more readings that concern me, I'll call the doc back, but she wasn't concerned about it my last appointment. Just told me to come back in if I was worried. It makes me feel a lot better some of you have had the same experience.

Our Two Miracles!
March 18th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like the hb could drop when the baby moves out of position a bit..like the doppler loses the hb quickly causing a quick drop? I had a CTG last week which measured the baby's hb for 10 minutes while I had a button to press every time I felt movent... anyway I couldn't believe the range of the baby's heartbeat! It was up in the 170's to suddenly down to the 110's and everywhere in between too... I guess it depends on whether the baby is awake or asleep, but it does sound like maybe the babe has moved away from the doppler for a couple of seconds?

Good that you had an NST for reassurance anyway..

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search