Sharp pain?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM
dancefever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having this weird sharp pain in my stomach. It's like an inch above my belly button and more to the right side. It's almost like someone is stabbing me with a dull knife and twisting it around. I'm worried about it because I had it before when I was pregnant (that ended up in miscarriage). I never had it checked out then because I was supposed to have an appointment the following week and just figured I'd ask then or it would have been gone by then. Except I also had sharp pain on my side then too, and I don't have that yet this time.

I can't call my doctor because it's 6:30pm here and I'm not sure that it's enough to run to the ER. It is painful and uncomfortable but not so bad that I'm really hindered by it. Last time, it lasted a few days and by the 3rd day or so I was basically doubled over in pain - it's not nearly that bad right now.

I think I'm extra worried because last time I was pregnant I lost the baby during the night of 7w3d and 7w4d and today is 7 weeks 4 days.... I'm trying not to think about it though. And I know I'm not making up the pain. It's not a constant pain though, it comes and goes.

I don't know, I guess I'm asking to see what you ladies would do or if you have felt this kind of pain before?! Thanks!

And just to add, I did have an ultrasound at 6 weeks 6 days, and everything looked good!

March 16th, 2010, 04:07 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've felt that pain atleast 3 times this pregnancy. Once right around 8 weeks, and then the other ones just within the last couple of weeks. The one around 8 weeks was more constant, while the other two came and went. None of them lasted more then a day. Apparently they were just growing pains. But if you feel the need, definitely call your doctor tomorrow...hopefully he/she will atleast be able to put your mind at ease. In the meantime, can you drink lots of water and take it easy?

I wish there was more I could do to reassure you!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you I were worried about the pain... I would call my OB. At my OB practice there are several doctors and they rotate who is on call. So I never feel bad about calling! In regards to the pain... I have had lots of aches and pains in pregnancy. Though I don't have the best memory so I can't help much.

I hope you feel better soon and that baby is doing just fine!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

March 17th, 2010, 09:39 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a lot of pain around my belly button but my OB says it is scar tissue stretching. I am good with that b/c I had it was DS too.

However you said yours is more to your right...Hummm... Would you even say that your pain is a little higher up like under your right bb area??? And does the pain go around your back like your wearing a bra that is too tight? And do you have loose bowel movements and are throwing up???

If so I would say get your gallbladder checked out.

I had this when I was pg with DD and just thought it was pain from being pg and all the changes in me...NOPE! I had gallstones. I found this out after when she was about 15m old.

Gallstones are common in pg women b/c they are colesteral deposits that your body can't break down. And if your mom, grandma, or sisters have had them you have a higher likelyhood of getting them to.

BTW I had surgery to remove my gallbladder b/c I waited to long and it was 100% blocked. But the surgery was super easy lypro...in through the bellybutton...and I felt better right away!

March 17th, 2010, 09:53 AM
dancefever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I haven't felt the pain yet today, so I'm holding off on making any phone calls. It didn't last long after I posted this the other day either, go figure, haha. Really hoping that it's nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kixs*~ View Post
However you said yours is more to your right...Hummm... Would you even say that your pain is a little higher up like under your right bb area??? And does the pain go around your back like your wearing a bra that is too tight? And do you have loose bowel movements and are throwing up???

If so I would say get your gallbladder checked out.
I do have pain in my back as well, at about the same height, which leaves it lower back pain. The pain definitely is closer to my belly button then my boobs. Though I have been throwing up quite a bit. No loose bowel movements though. Hm. I guess I'll pay more attention when it happens next time and see if I can come up with anything. Thanks for the information though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search