Octopus Baby has an u/s x-posted

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2010, 06:28 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
So I took Octopus Baby in for my 30 week growth scan today (I get a growth scan once a month). He is doing great!!! He is 3 lbs 13 oz, which is the 56th percentile. That is GREAT, because being diabetic, if he's too big then I haven't been doing my job. My amniotic fluid index (AFI) is 16, which is also great, and another indicator that I'm doing a good job (diabetics with poor glucose control can have too much fluid). His kidneys are in perfect working order, which is a big deal for us because the same was not true for his big brother. All of his other organs look perfect too.

He is a very, very active baby! Not that I didn't already know that, but it's funny to watch on the u/s. He started out by headbutting my bellybutton repeatedly, then he kept us from getting a good study of his umbilical blood flow because every time she would try to measure it (via sound) we'd hear a big whack - he kept kicking it! But he knocked it off after awhile and the readings were normal for that too. He was so wiggly the tech called him a goofball. We didn't get any good face shots - he was dangling his feet over his head for the zillionth time. But he did unfold himself long enough to stamp on my bladder, I nearly peed on the table. We got some good side shots though, I'll upload those when I go into the office Friday.

We saw him suck his thumb and swallow, and we also so him practice breathing! He was breech at first, but he flipped to transverse about halfway through, so the doctor says he'll definitely flip to head down in time - if he decides he wants to! But we'll worry about that at the next u/s or the one after that. He did have some extra fluid in his tummy, but the doctor thinks he just took a big gulp of fluid - given how much fluid I gulp these days, he probably just learned that from me

He didn't show his face much, but boy did he wave his junk around. He is definitely still a boy, he was like "Look ma, I have TESTICLES!!!" Hilariously enough, when I told that to my grandma she asked if Grant takes after his father! I reassured her that no, DH knows to keep it in his pants!

I'm so happy everything was normal and so grateful for an active baby! It really does look and feel like there is an octopus in there.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

March 16th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY!!!!!

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

March 16th, 2010, 07:14 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on a great appointment! It is great when they are active! My baby boy totally moves a ton! I can count on him moving around like crazy in the evening after DD goes to bed and DH and I are sitting on the couch relaxing! It is sooo reassuring

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

March 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wahooooooooo!!!Congrats on the great appt!!!!!
March 16th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I've replied to this on the high risk board, but just wanted to say congrats on a great u/s!

March 16th, 2010, 10:19 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
congratulations on an awesome u/s.... I smiled the entire time I was reading your post !
I can not wait to see your lil' one !

March 17th, 2010, 05:46 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Congrats on a great appt. Rebecca!! I'm so happy that Grant is doing so well.

March 17th, 2010, 05:47 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a great appointment

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

March 17th, 2010, 06:44 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A wonderful u/s and a very entertaining read! Congrats....you are in the home stretch now!!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
March 17th, 2010, 07:41 AM
noworries
It's hard for me to believe that you are 30 weeks already. Glad to hear that everything is perfect. Great job mama!
March 17th, 2010, 07:49 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a good ultrasound!! I love that his nickname is Octupus...that is so cute

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 17th, 2010, 08:43 AM
krystal g's Avatar Happy to be a SAHM!
I'm so glad everything is looking good. What a wonderful ultrasound.

My blog!
March 17th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Yay for a great u/s!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

March 17th, 2010, 10:14 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for a great u/s and TWO wonderful working kidneys!!! (My MIL is a type I diabetic and my DH was born with only 1 kidney b/c it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
He didn't show his face much, but boy did he wave his junk around. He is definitely still a boy, he was like "Look ma, I have TESTICLES!!!"
My son use to do this too....BTW it does not change much after they are born Boys are very proud of their business

March 18th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a great appointment - and 30 weeks along.. on the countdown now !

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 21st, 2010, 01:00 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
An active baby is a healthy baby! Congrats on your sweet baby boy.

PS love,love his name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search