My Dr. just called about my ultrasound...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2010, 12:32 PM
krystal g's Avatar Happy to be a SAHM!
...and he said everything looked perfect!!! We found out on Friday that we were having a boy, but of course I still didn't know what the final verdict was on everything else. He said that all of the anatomy, placenta, fluids, cervix, everything was great and I was measuring perfectly. He also said that he is going to keep seeing me for now (and not send me to the high risk OB ) because they didn't feel my BP/pre-pre-E was an issue yet! That is such a relief...makes me so happy. So I go back to him on April 5th (22 weeks) for a regular appt. and he said they will do the glucose test early, at around 24 weeks just to make sure everything is OK. And he said he will want another ultrasound at around 28 weeks to check on things again.

It's so weird...having experienced no real problems yet but I'm being treated as though there's a good chance I will develop problems. All I can say is I'm so happy that my Dr. is going the extra mile to stay ahead of the game and do the extra testing, u/s, whatnot, just to make sure everything is good. He can poke and prod me all he wants, order a million tests, anything to keep my baby boy healthy.

I know a lot of women look at pregnancy as completely natural, want as little intervention as possible, want a home birth...all of that (which I think is awesome!) but I know that will never be me. I wish I could have come into this pregnancy with no issues and just been blissfully ignorant, but the reality is I've had 2 losses, some diagnosable problems, and borderline high BP very, very early. It's not perfect, but I have renewed hope that everything is going to be OK.

My blog!
March 17th, 2010, 12:39 PM
GeekMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh! That's wonderful news! I hope you can sigh a little sigh of relief now! It's wonderful that your doctor is going to extra mile to stay on top of you pregnancy to catch anything that could go wrong and try to prevent that! What a wonderful OB! I hope everything continues to go well and congrats on you little boy!

March 17th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything is going so well! Remember - even with 2 loses (mine were about the same age as yours) it doesn't mean your body is a lemon! Look how good your little boy is! Your beautiful body is growing that!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
March 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
great news about the ultrasound

Also, it sounds like your doctor is amazing! IF problems do occur later on, you can almost guarantee that because of his proactive approach, the consequences of those problems, won't be as bad.. which is great. My high-risk ob is doing the same with me... the one I saw last time said I didn't really need to be seen, but that because there is a *slight* risk of problems, that they'll treat me like a normal high risk patient... and that made me feel really good, because i'm such an anxious, nervous person - so it's good to know that I"m having a close eye kept on me!

March 17th, 2010, 03:50 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad that everything is going so well!!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 17th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
Krystal YEA!!!! It sounds like everything is great!! AND A BOY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
March 17th, 2010, 08:37 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the continued good news on this little Boy!

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search