Cramps?!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2010, 08:09 AM
dancefever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are cramps at a little over 8 weeks still considered "normal"?! I'm 8 weeks and a few days right now and I'm worried because I've been cramping for the past few days. I officially made it past my loss date (7w4d), but these cramps just won't let up and I'm scared. The past few days I've been running to the bathroom worried about what I'd see... but nothing. I'm really trying to keep my hopes up but I was just wondering if it's normal to have cramps still at this stage. Any info or reassurance would be awesome!

March 20th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I was still having cramps at 13w - with both pregnancies, so I consider it normal

March 20th, 2010, 03:29 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
many women experience cramping with nothing worry about. Don't forget, everything is stretching and moving making room for baby!

March 20th, 2010, 04:14 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am cramping as I sit here and type.

I think a lot of times it has to do with the digestive system and it feels like uterus cramps.

I swear I am getting mild braxton hicks already though. UGH I plan on bringing it up to the doctor on Monday.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

March 20th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cramps are totally normal, especially in the first trimester. I had heaps and I know how scary it can be! I just kept reminding myself that the cramps were my uterus expanding to make room for the baby to grow and that is a good thing!

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

March 21st, 2010, 09:09 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Totally normal. As long as there is no bleeding or they are extremely painful you are fine. Usually you'll cramp if you are having a growth spurt, sometimes if you are dehydrated.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

March 21st, 2010, 04:16 PM
GeekMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe! I did the same thing! It could be your uterus stretching, you could be a little constipated, it could be a bladder infection (get that checked) or it could be plain old pregnancy cramps that have no explanation nor reason!

March 21st, 2010, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had them right thru my first trimester. And then some later - if I got dehydrated or constipated. On a UTI later on will do it. Or more braxton hicks than normal. Then there is round ligament pain (feels like little stabs low and to one side) and then when your uterus gets big enough to move out of your pelvis - that feels crampy - and then when you get to the third trimester - the huge growth spurts cause cramps - and it just plain hurts when baby decides to kick certain things. So heehee - yes cramps seem to mean - 'yes you're pregnant!' - I know - lame. Don't worry unless it really hurts or you're bleeding. And even then - half the time your fine!
first trimester is so tough - but your nearly out! 2/3s!!! and the time will start to fly!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
March 22nd, 2010, 09:09 AM
dancefever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much ladies! The cramps have eased up over the past few days for the most part. And my nauseousness is back in full swing instead. YIPPEE!

I guess I just needed some reassurance that everything is okay and the cramping in normal. I just get worried because they feel exactly like AF cramps and like I should be bleeding. But none yet! *knocks on wood* I have an appointment on Friday so hopefully that will reassure things a bit more. But thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search