How long will you be out

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This mom who is a plastic surgeon (Dr 90210 show), scheduled an elective c-section. She went out 2 weeks before the c- section and decided she wanted to come back to work 2 weeks after the baby. She was so serious too, total workaholic I think. I mean she loved her job and loved the feeling of control.

I think 2 weeks is super fast to go back to work, would she even be healed from her c-section that fast?

How long will you guys be out (if you are not SAHM already) I am planning on 8 weeks, 10 if I have a c-section for some emergency reason.

April 24th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll be taking a year off (gotta love Canadian Mat. Leave!). Of course...I've paid for it already through my high taxes and it's treated as an unemployment benefit and I'll only get 55% of my income, but a year is a year!!!

I couldn't imagine 2 weeks after a c-section! That seems so soon to me.
April 24th, 2006, 07:56 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am taking off 12 weeks, that's my maternity leave deal. It will only include whatever paid leave and medical that I have accurred, which wont be enough to pay for the whole time, but a good deal of it.
April 24th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Super Mommy
When I had my first C-section I took 6 weeks off and my second I realized that I just wasn't ready after 6 weeks so I took 10 weeks off. I would say you are pretty well healed 2 weeks after your C-section but I know for me I wasn't emotionally ready to leave the baby after just 2 weeks!! Lucky for me this is my 3rd and I am finally a SAHM!!!

April 24th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dr 90210!!! I watch that all the time... Dr Li, I think...

Yea, she was a bit 'gung-hu' to go back I thought, but then again, she just got a new office and she's a Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon.... I could tell she struggled with the decision though....

Interestingly enough, she had a LEEP done right before she got pregnant (shes' a DOCTOR and hadn't been to the OB in 6 years!!!!) ... I don't remember anything problematic as a result.

I have 12 weeks of short term disability which I hopefully won't have to use before the baby comes. If I do though, then I'm out of luck. I can be terminated after that 12 weeks, but can come back as it is not considered a 'disciplinary' term. I just have to take a SEVERE paycut...

So I guess I'm of no help... I would like to take my 12 weeks after the baby is born, assuming I don't have to use any/much beforehand. Heck, I'd rather not go back for 2 years...

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
April 24th, 2006, 11:09 AM
soontobemommyto3
back when I was working and before I was a mom I remember women coming back from their maternity leave early telling me they couldn't wait to get back to work that staying home with the baby was so boring.

I thought that was pretty sad. I am a SAHM and yes it is more boring then watching paint dry sometimes, I wouldn't change it for the world. I love being with my kids.

I also remember this one lady telling me how selfish 6 week old babies are! WTH? They are babies for gods sake. They aren't selfish. Geeze. People.
April 24th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I also remember this one lady telling me how selfish 6 week old babies are! WTH? They are babies for gods sake. They aren't selfish. Geeze. People.[/b]
I know right...the things people say...and think don't sound looney..that is right up there with the people that get angry when toddlers make a mess...like UMMMM??????? What do you expect.

adults sometimes have a problem expecting kids to behave as adults or older than their youg age....grrrrr!

I go out June 16th and let me tell you I can't flipping wait! Ideally I would work a flex schedule that would allow me to work from home some days or work 1/2 days...with my full pay, haha but that is definately not happening, at least with this job...

April 24th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I would love to become a SAHM after the baby is born but financially it isn't an option right now (unless my DH gets some job on the side and never sees us!!) So I get 12 weeks off and then I'll have to go back to work - or as I like to think - get dragged back!!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
April 24th, 2006, 04:04 PM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get 6 weeks of disability (60% pay) but can take up to 12. I am hoping that I will have enough money saved by then to take at least a little more then 6 weeks. I want to be a SAHM, but that is not an option

</div>
April 24th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can take up to 6 weeks before and 6 weeks after (paid, but not very well..... 35% of my regular pay) and can take up to one year without losing my shift. I only plan on taking the month of July and August off, then I'll go back to work. I have saved enough to be comfy for that length of time.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
April 25th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't know I never had c-section. But personaly I think it is very strange of ppl to be able to leave there children by choice.
After my first I was going to go back at 6 weeks because I felt it was my obligation, I only worked part time and if I ever wanted a house that was what I needed to do. I really can't remember exactly when I went back, it was long than 6 weeks no more than 12 I think. I worked mon-fri 4 hours 7pm to 11pm. I lasted a week and a half. When my bf said, (for what ever the reason I don't care) that it would be best if I stayed home. I was so happy. I missed my baby so much. I couldn't be without him. It was the second happiest day.
With this one, he said I don't have to go back to work, I was going to trade shifts to 2nd, I am 3rd now. He said no you don't have to work. He is crazy we have a house. I wouldn't feel right making him have to work overtime everyday. But between us here, I so want to stay home I know I will. I love being a mother I love getting up in the night and it is just me and the baby, ahh. Sorry, this is just the best thing I ever did with my life.
April 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Veteran
I feel so lucky. I'm a teacher, and I have 90 days of sick leave saved up, so I will be out from December on, with pay and then the school year will end and I will have summer vacation. I'll be home from December 20th or so until September!

May 3rd, 2006, 01:49 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I intend on having at least a year off work, and i'm not really too sure I will go back after that, I really don't want to miss out on *any* of my childs growing up...

May 4th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Super Mommy
i will off starting in June due to pregnancy difficulties,I am down to two days a week at this point.

after the baby I will be off 3 months.
DD - 19 months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search