Getting the baby's room together

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2006, 08:03 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get more and more apprehensive with every purchase. But, as I've said before, I'm a planner and need things to be together a good deal of time before the baby gets here. It's the halfway point, so I figured it's time to get started. I even bought a few outfits and made sure to save the reciets. My hubby thinks it's because I'm afraid they wont fit, but of course that's not the reason. The more items I buy and more plans I make, the more scared I get.

Oh to be normal and just enjoy all this.
April 24th, 2006, 11:14 AM
soontobemommyto3
I feel for you and the other first time moms that you have to deal with this buying stuff and being afraid. Of course I am afraid too but I already have everything we need from my other kids.

With my first I didn't buy anything for her until after the big u/s. I started buying her nursery stuff when I was about 26 weeks along I think. We had her nursery set up and ready by the time I was 30 weeks. One of my favorite memories of being pregnant with her was sitting in her room, looking at her clothes and other stuff and day dreaming about her coming. I think every mom should get to do that. I hope that you will enjoy setting up the baby's room even if you are a little scared.

At this point you really are in the place where very little can go wrong. Of course "something" could go wrong, but the chances are very slim. About 1%. I think you are doing the right thing.
April 24th, 2006, 02:58 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, popping in from July DDC. I've lurked here frequently, but only posted a few other times...

Quote:
With my first I didn't buy anything for her until after the big u/s. I started buying her nursery stuff when I was about 26 weeks along I think. We had her nursery set up and ready by the time I was 30 weeks. One of my favorite memories of being pregnant with her was sitting in her room, looking at her clothes and other stuff and day dreaming about her coming. I think every mom should get to do that. I hope that you will enjoy setting up the baby's room even if you are a little scared.[/b]
I just wanted to say that this is awesome advice! I never thought of it that way before. I have been afraid to buy things too. In our case we waited until our 20 week u/s before we purchased anything. (I lost a baby to anencephaly at 30w, we found out at 20w that she had it and would pass away before, during, or shortly after birth).

Even though everything indicates that this baby is healthy and growing just fine, I still worry all the time. If I go an hour without feeling movement I immediately think to myself that I'll never feel him move again.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, just wanted to sympathize.

April 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel for you - I too, am scared to start on the nursery. I have not even cleaned the room out. Of course I am a little early still.
Don't you wish there was a magic button, that would make you still remember your little angel, but not be scared anymore?

</div>
April 25th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sort of the opposite. I've been buying things, we've set up the crib, I've just ordered newborn cloth diapers-and I'm feeling like I should be more scared and should back off. DH wants me to be hopeful and stay positive, and planning for a future with the peanut helps me stay that way. I've also got my April 30th due date coming up and I need something to keep my mind off of that. Losing the baby will suck whether I have a nursery set up or not-and this is something I need to do to stay focused and positive. Do what feels right-and know that we're all scared. I say throw away the receipts and roll with it-but that's how I cope!
Marie
April 26th, 2006, 05:36 AM
hopin4a4rth
I do undersatnd. I'm the same way. I didn't even start buying things until just recently... and I'm still scared something might happen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search