I know I haven't been around much...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Hey girls...I know I haven't been around much as of late...I have been feeling overwhelmed as my due date continues to draw closer.

I am 29 wks today...and going strong...it seem at times like time is goign so fast, and then at times it just seems to be crawling along. I have been doing not so bad till the last couple of nights...

Two nights ago (the night before my appointment yesterday) I started having dreams again that I am going to lose my baby. This has been very upseting for me...and I'm not exactly sure why it is happening again. Even though I didn't like it, I understood having the bad dreams when I was in the first trimester, but now, in the third trimester? It seems strange...and scary.

Anyway, other than that, I'm doing well. Hope you all are too!!

March 25th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Although it's scary, it's normal. It's just your fears coming out in your dreams. Think of it as healthy - you are processing all your worries into the universe. As terrible as it is to wake up and experience it all so vividly, it's just because you are so so so close. So instead of it being a bad thing, trick yourself into thinking that it's a good thing. Because on some level, you know that this baby is coming, and it's REAL and you are processing and disposing of the fear once and for all.

If all that doesn't work. go on craigslist and put in an ad for a new subconscious! )
Hugs.
March 25th, 2010, 02:04 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! I know this is so hard. Just remind yourself that dreams are just that...dreams. Like the above post said....its just your fears coming out. They are not at all predicting the future. Just take comfort in all her little kicks right now!

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

March 25th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree it's normal Marci. I'm getting closer too - and getting more scared and nervous about labour - and having a newborn - and what if something happens in the last bit - so I think the loss dreams are just what we know about scariness. - poor little subconscious going - I'm nervous! what am I nervous about? this? - and up comes a loss dream. I think just sit down and talk with your DH about what you are nervous about - hopefully bringing it all up should help your subconscious calm back down. In any case - I don't think it's any sort of prediction. I think it's just nerves.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
March 25th, 2010, 04:35 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Marci, you never really stop worrying as a mother. Once your little one is here you will come up with new things to worry about. Just try to remember that it's just a dream. I can't wait to hear all about your little one when she arrives.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
March 26th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Thanks girls...I actually talked to DH about it last night...and explained to him what I had dreamt, and tried to explain to him how real they are (like when you are a kid, and are CONVINCED there is a monster in your closet, because it was just there (in your dream) and you are sure it wasn't a dream it was real. I told him that some times, I just need him to tell me it's ok, that everything is going to be ok...baby is healthy and happy and kicking up a storm, and soon we will be parents. and she is happy and healthy, the OB is happy with how she has been progressing. Sometimes it's nice to get a reminder from you guys as well though.

March 26th, 2010, 12:09 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My nightmares came back for awhile in the third trimester, too. I hope they go away for you soon and stay away!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 27th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I just realised we are due date buddies!!!

sorry.. just got excited there

im sorry to hear you are having horrible dreams! I hope that you dont have any more of them. Must be very scary with them being so real. But all is ok! you dont need to worry! Its probably just a bit of anxiousness about whats coming up and its manifesting in your dreams.

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
March 27th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
(((hugs)))

the dreams are very normal. i know when I was pregnant with Gaby I had dreams about losing her in the 1st trimester, didn't have any in the 2nd trimester, and then when I was into the 3rd trimester, I started having 'those' dreams again... i think it happens because you know you *really* are close to having your baby, and it is on your mind a lot

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search