Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Super Mommy
Hello everyone!
My name is Abby and I'm new to the JustMommies boards, and to the PAL board. I have had two very different losses... the first, my first baby, was my son Porter, he was born full term with a heart defect, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. He held on for four months in the NICU but eventually his little body couldn't take anymore... After Porter we went on to have a perfectly healthy little girl, my daughter Barley, who is about to turn 2! Then this fall, we found out we were pregnant again, and we were so excited and I honestly thought we had been through the worst thing in our life and everything would be smooth sailing. I was so wrong... at 11 weeks I started bleeding heavily and ended up in the ER, they confirmed I had lost the baby and I was put in for an emergency D&C. It was so devastating... I wasn't sure I ever wanted to get pregnant again! But I guess God has different plans for us because I just found out a few weeks ago that I am pregnant again! I'm about 7 weeks now, and I am complete nervous wreck about everything. I was starting to think maybe I was losing it so I found this board in hopes to talk to others who are going through similiar pregnancies after loss. I have an appointment on Tuesday to have an ultrasound which I am trying to be excited about, but I am scared too - what if they don't find anything??
anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to (hopefully) being here for another 7 months and getting to know you all!
Thanks,
Abby
March 28th, 2010, 11:07 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Hi Abby !

welcome to the board !
let me first say I am so very , very sorry for your losses....
your nervousness is completely understandable. Pregnancy after any type of loss is an emotional roller coaster.

I am glad you have found us here...I am sure you will find the ladies here very supportive and very friendly !

Welcome again & Congratulations !!

March 28th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HUGS! I'm so sorry for your losses. But, I want to congratulate you on the pregnancy and welcome you to the board - and hope that we can help you through the next 7 months. I hope they are boring and uneventful! I look forward to getting to know you.
*Forever missing our three butterfly angel babies*
~December 08~ ~May 09~ ~September 09~
Proudly breastfeeding, pumping, and cloth diapering my little sweet pea!

March 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Hi Abby! Welcome and Congrats! I'm sorry for your losses and wish you a H&H pregnancy this time.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

March 28th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Hi Abby - welcome to JustMommies & the PAL board, inparticular! Good luck with your u/s - I'm always such a mix of emotions before mine, excited, but also terrified!

I'm Emma (26), I have 3yo Gabrielle & am 27 weeks pregnant with baby #2 - Emersyn, due June 23rd!

I have had 4 1st trimester losses, two before Gaby & then two between having Gaby & getting pregnant with Emersyn.

March 28th, 2010, 03:45 PM
dancefever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Abby!

I'm so very sorry to hear of your losses Everyone on this board is awesome and very supportive, so hopefully you can find some relief here. And congrats on your pregnancy!! I'm 9 weeks pregnant, so only a little bit ahead of you! I know how nerve wracking it can be! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

March 28th, 2010, 03:59 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Hello Abby!
Welcome to the board! I am so sorry to hear about all you have been through. However, I am so glad to hear you are pregnant and are joining us here! I hope it helps a bit to talk to ladies who understand your fears. I find it helps me a lot to know i am not alone.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

March 28th, 2010, 04:58 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome!!! I am so sorry for your losses Congrats on your pregnancy! wishing you a H&H 9 months!!!
March 29th, 2010, 07:22 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I am very sorry to hear about your losses. Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the board!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
March 29th, 2010, 07:44 AM
noworries
Welcome to the board and congrats on your pregnancy. I'm so sorry for your losses. It's something no one should ever have to experience. The ladies on this board are awesome and supportive and understanding of all the craziness that you experience when you are pregnant after losses.
April 1st, 2010, 07:34 AM
Super Mommy
I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome! I had an ultrasound Tuesday and everything looks good so far I was measuring 7w1d, which puts me at a due date of 11/15/10, exactly what I got by my LMP! We also saw the heart beating at 160bpm, so that was nice to see! I'm still very nervous since we saw a heartbeat last time when I lost the baby, but I just gotta make it through the next 6 weeks somehow... and I'm glad I have you all to lean on!!!!

April 1st, 2010, 07:50 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Welcome Abby! I'm sorry for your losses. I lost twin girls at 23 weeks gestation and then m/c after that. I know how your feel by thinking the worst was over. That's how I feel. I'm currently 6weeks 4 days along. I'm measuring one week behind though. That's a whole other story.

Welcome to the board and feel free to hang out here!!

Congrats on your new bean!

April 1st, 2010, 11:25 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am soo sorry for you losses... I can't imagine going through what you have been through. I hope this pregnancy is very uneventful for you and you have a happy and healthy 9 months! Welcome to PAL!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 1st, 2010, 01:23 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Abby. Congrats on your pregnancy and I'm sorry about your losses. Getting through the angelversaries are the hardest, but the ladies here really help since they all have been through a loss. My name is Sharon and I've had 1 miscarriage (7wks), one daughter who is now 7, one stillbirth at 24wks, one miscarriage at 8wks, one son who will be 2 end of May, and now I'm pregnant with a little girl at 28wks. Things will be a rollercoaster, but try to take it one day at a time. Good luck.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search