I just can't wait until I can really feel this baby move

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2010, 04:02 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
It is stressing me out to have no idea from appt. to appt. with my OB if baby is still doing ok. I mean, there is no reason to think otherwise but I just want to feel SOLID movement so I can be reassured each day. I started feeling this baby early, at about 14 weeks whereas my son was at 16 weeks. I am now 15 weeks, so I think soon I will feel convincing movement, but now it is just little blips and they are so spread out I may not feel them for days on end. It is so nerve wracking! Just had to vent a bit. I should probably just get a doppler but I think it would freak me out if I couldn't find a heartbeat each time because of 'user error'.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

March 28th, 2010, 04:48 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hugs! i'm sure the movement will start being more consistent!! i know it's hard.
March 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I know how you felt...I was aching to feel real movement...now that I do, I definitely feel a lot better. I still have moments when I wonder, but I do feel a lot better than I did before I felt movement. I'm sure you will feel constant movement soon!!

March 28th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt exactly the same. I really struggled between our 12 week scan and when I started to feel solid movements at 18 weeks. I also didn't want to use a doppler in case I couldn't find a heartbeat due to my error.

I really hope you start to feel solid movements soon, being your 2nd child hopefully you shouldn't be far away from feeling them.

Sorry I can't offer any advice, I just wanted to let you know I know how you feel

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

March 29th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Know completely what you mean! I started feeling movement REALLY early this time around - I felt my first around 10 weeks, and by 14 weeks I was feeling obvious sporadic movement - but it wasn't until 20 weeks that I started feeling OBVIOUS kicks, and jabs & actually started being able to rely on feeling regular movements throughout the day, for reassurance.

I *hated* the time when I was feeling at least one movement a day - but nothing regular... one day i might get 4 kicks in the morning, the next day perhaps one in the evening... Was such a relief at 20 weeks, when all of a sudden Emersyn began making herself very much known.. and now, at almost 28 weeks, I sometimes have moments when I wish she would stop kicking because it hurts Of course don't really wish it'd stop, but sometimes it's like a huge shock to my system.

What I'm saying I guess, is that you're normal!!!! ((hugs)) and i hope you start feeling those regular, reliable movements, very soon!

March 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM
noworries
I also opted out of getting a doppler because I thought it might make me more crazy rather than helping ease my mind. I felt baby's first movement at 13 weeks but it wasn't until 16 weeks that I started feeling more consistent movement. It was nerve wracking. I hope you start feeling consistent movement soon.
March 29th, 2010, 08:21 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Thanks everyone! I am just so crazy this time around. Like if I eat any chocolate or something mildly caffienated, I worry I have revved the baby's heart up so much it stopped and then I start to stress if I don't feel movement soon after. It's crazy, but I just don't want to do anything 'wrong' this time around where I could blame myself if something happened. Ugh. It's gonna be a long 6 months.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

March 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I only started to feel this little moving around consistently around 18 weeks (and it's my4th). It feels so much better to be able to feel the little kicks and squirms instead of having to find the hb or wait for the midwife appointment or u/s.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

March 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
It shouldn't be too much longer before baby starts moving. I swear this little one took forever to start moving, but now baby is starting to get fairly regularly with movement. I agree though movement sure is reassuring.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search