Update on me ***UPDATED***

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2010, 12:33 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I had an u/s last Tuesday due to spotting. I went in thinking I was measuring 6w1d but when the u/s was done, I was told I measured 5w2d.

I had another u/s appt today. I'm now measuring 6w1d maybe. There was a small (1mm) flicker of a heartbeat. Obviously, the u/s tech said that since it's grown and since there's a h/b it looks good. We spoke with the Dr. and to be honest, he didn't seem all that hopeful. I should be measuring 7 weeks by my #'s. What confuses me is I know for a fact when I O'd. I'm not happy with not seeing a steady heartbeat. Something bigger on the screen. I could, and the tech too, could hardly see it. It only flickered a few times, it wasn't steady. The Dr. said that my #'s didn't look good cause they should have been doubling. Last week I had 2 blood draws, the first one my #'s were 13,186 and the second was 18,357. I had another blood draw today and I'll see what my results are tomorrow. The Dr. wanted me to wait 2 weeks to come back and I said, "I can't wait that long. I will go to the ER if I have to." He then said, "What about 10 days? The end of next week?" I said it was better and that I'll deal with it. My next appt is next Friday, April 9th. That day will be 1 year 5 months since losing the girls, and 8 months since my D&C.

On the way home from the Dr.'s DH and I were discussing what to eat and I told him I wasn't in the mood to really make decisions and he was rubbing my leg and I started to cry and I pushed his hand away. He got mad at me for that, but I didn't feel like being touched at that moment. I told him that I'm upset and really not in the mood to make decisions and I'm sorry that I can't be all happy and giddy like a little girl. It's like I can't have any emotions around him. He's "suppose" to be my best friend and when I confide in him, I get sh*tted on in return. He thinks that everything is fine, he thinks it's all going to be ok when I feel that it's not. He NEVER takes my feelings into consideration, it's always only about what he *thinks* and I've had enough of it.

To be brutally honest, I'm not hopeful in the least about this pregnancy. It just doesn't seem right. It resembles my m/c from last year. I seriously can't take this roller coaster ride anymore.

***UPDATE***

After getting my #'s from yesterday, I'm feeling a bit better. They went from 18,357 to 38,174 in 5 days. The Dr. left a message and said that everything looks good from the #'s and the u/s on Tuesday. I go back April 9th for another u/s. We still aren't telling family or friends yet. I'm just happy that my mom is on vacation until April 10th. Since I won't be able to see her, it's easier to not slip or anything. As far as DH's family, we are seeing them on Easter. That should be fun. As long as the bloat is under control, I should be fine. Going to be wearing the "big pants" that day!!

Thanks for all your support ladies. It really does help.

Last edited by lex1078; April 1st, 2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: UPDATE
March 30th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry! Waiting is so so hard!!! Growth and a heartbeat are very good signs. I don't know about your HCG numbers - I do know at a certain level they start to level off. That might be it. At the same time - I know it is so so hard to be hopeful!
I think probably your DH was trying to help - they really just don't know how to sometimes. I know mine eats when he is upset - and when he knows I'm hurting he tries to cook for me and stuff - and when I'm upset - I just can't eat! He wants to make it ok - and wants it to be ok. I also think guys often don't quite get the miscarriage thing the way we do. Anyway - big big big
Keep us posted. Come here and chat when you need to - and I hope your next U/S comes back shining!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
March 30th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Super Mommy
I don't know anything about the hcg #'s either...but if you look, last Tuesday you were measuring 5w2d and today 6w1d that IS accurate growth as its been a week. This may or may not make you feel better, just know that Joey's stillbirth had NOTHING to do with how the pregnancy started...but he was a slow grower too. I went in and had an u/s due to cramping on the left side and there was no sign of pregnancy what so ever. I got hcg drawn the next day and 48hrs later and the nurse wouldn't tell me what they were. She just said "well they went up, but we'll see" she was so down about it I'm sure they were low for what they were expecting. I went for another u/s at when I thought I'd be 6w and he measured 5 (barely a fetal pole) then again 2w later. My due date was an entire week after I thought it would be. I was charting and dh and I had dtd limited # of times. IN our situation, his sperm must have lived a bit longer than expected.

I also know of a mom that conceived 6 days after dtd. no joke! So dates can be screwy and I definitely messed up my ovulation date a few times when I thought I was sure.

You are entitled to your feelings though, and it is wrong of your dh to brush them aside. I'm sorry he reacted like that. Can I be hopeful for you?!

YOu are in my thoughts hun. I know your girls are watching over you.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

March 30th, 2010, 03:30 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending you tons of T&P and big

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 30th, 2010, 04:03 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to say my heart goes out to you....this is such a tough time. I know how you are feeling and it's just not fair that pregnancy should be this hard. Hugs! Keep leaning on your DH and us for support.

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

March 30th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
waiting is the worst... you & your bean are in my thoughts

March 30th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
HUGS.... I am praying for you and your little bean HUGS

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
March 30th, 2010, 07:29 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
growth & numbers sound good to me. my current baby had a small flicker h/b at 6 weeks 3 days - and my ob said that was great! and hcg's at that level take around 72 hours to double! T&Ps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 31st, 2010, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS)))
It's hard not to be positive when the Dr's aren't, will be praying baby is slow grower.Men don't get it they think the best way is to act like nothing is wrong and that's their way of coping. We can tell you stories where things like this turned out for the best but truth is, it doesn't help when it's your pregnancy because you still worry. The good thing is baby is growing.
I will pray everything is OK.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

March 31st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Big HUGS hun. I'm so sorry to hear this, but I'm sending you and your babe good thoughts.
*Forever missing our three butterfly angel babies*
~December 08~ ~May 09~ ~September 09~
Proudly breastfeeding, pumping, and cloth diapering my little sweet pea!

April 1st, 2010, 06:56 AM
Super Mommy
I don't have alot to add, just wanted to say you will be in my thoughts and prayers!!! Please KUP and try to keep your hopes up, although I know how hard that is!

April 1st, 2010, 07:53 AM
noworries
Whoo-hoo! This is the best news. C'mon baby, stick around.
April 1st, 2010, 08:03 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
YAY!!! for good news!!!!

April 1st, 2010, 10:00 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
That's wonderful news! I hope you have an awesome u/s on Tuesday!!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 1st, 2010, 10:22 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for rising numbers!!! That is great news!!!

Is your OB's u/s machine older??? Sometimes the older machines are not as sensitive as the newer ones so brand new little heart beats can be hard to pic up. My OB has a new machine and at my 6w1d u/s the tech still had a hardtime getting the HB. It took her a few tries.

Good luck at your next u/s!!! How awesome that your doctor is letting you come in a little sooner than 2 weeks!

April 1st, 2010, 11:10 AM
krystal g's Avatar Happy to be a SAHM!
I'm so glad you got some good news. I hope Tuesday's u/s is wonderful.

My blog!
April 1st, 2010, 01:14 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad your #'s jumped. Try to stay positive...and believe me I have a hard time with that one.

My Ovulation Chart
April 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I am glad you got some good news! I hope the time goes by quickly until your next u/s.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
April 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is the best news I have heard all day, you deserve to bring a baby home.

((((HUGS))))

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

April 1st, 2010, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great news! Sending tons of sticky dust!

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search