Feeling crabby...can I blame it on the hormones?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay first of all this is warped because I don't even know why I care but seems like lately, and not just online, in my daily interactions with people, everyone thinks pregnant women are supposed to be super eaters or something....like "oooh I have to eat 2 whole turkeys and a bowl of mashed potatoes and this pint of ice cream so my baby will gain weight"....or at lunch a co worker (MAN) makes cracks about "ooooh she is pregnant (me) better make sure the vending machine is stocked" or " is that all you are having for lunch pregnant lady"

I am like are you KIDDING ME?? Do I have to stuff my freaking face every 2 minutes to satisfy some social abnormal idea that pregnant women have to eat eat eat eat eat

To me it is the silliest thing I have ever heard. Case in point. A good girlfriend of mine, she was 115 MAYBE when she got pregnant, she would eat like a mad woman, by the time she gave birth she was a little over 200 lbs and she did not have GS diabetes either, she just ate too much and passed it off as " I am eating for 2" That is what 80-85 lb weight gain for what? She had a 7 or 8 lb baby and take out the fluids and placenta etc etc and she still had pounds and pounds she gained and blamed on "needing" to help the baby gain weight....Like DUH your baby will gain all the weight it needs to with normal eating habits!!

Again I don't even know why in the world I care, it just bugs me that people expect me to eat like crazy when it is medically and logically not even necessary!

Babies take priority in our bodies, we take vitamins more for our own deficiency that the babies because they get the good stuff first, we get left overs....

Argh! Thanks for the vent....I had that bottled up. I just hate the wse cracks about how much I eat or how much I should eat I get from people...I don't even want to eat with the family on Mother's day, someone is bound to make a crack about whatever I put on my plate

April 25th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
That use to drive me nuts. Ppl would suggest, "Aren't you suppose to be drinking whole milk not 2 %"
What is that all about, there are more vitamins in 2 % so .

You should just replenish what the baby takes from you. There is no eating for two, those are for woman who diprive themselves of food and need and excuse to pig out. And then the unfortunate ones whos appetites accually increase. Eat what you need to, as long as your not straving yourself.
April 25th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
That use to drive me nuts. Ppl would suggest, "Aren't you suppose to be drinking whole milk not 2 %"
What is that all about, there are more vitamins in 2 % so .

You should just replenish what the baby takes from you. There is no eating for two, those are for woman who diprive themselves of food and need and excuse to pig out. And then the unfortunate ones whos appetites accually increase. Eat what you need to, as long as your not straving yourself.[/b]
That is EXACTLY what I am talking about! I have ALWAYS drank 1% milk, no other % even tastes right to me anymore...but DF buys WHOLE milk the other day! I was like why did you buy this crap? He says "the baby needs it" I was like ARRRRGHH!

April 26th, 2006, 05:43 AM
hopin4a4rth
People are funny... It's true that you need a few more calories, but not twice as much!! That can actually be worse for you & the baby. I don't really worry about what others say and just eat when I'm hungry (or when I'm having an awful craving! lol!)
April 27th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Nancy
If only people realised that in pregnancy you only need 300 more calories ever day. That can be as simple as a cup of yogurt and a glass of milk. There is no reason to eat everything in sight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search