What a day!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well it was back to work for me today (I work in a school and last week was Spring Break). So I am driving DD to the babysitter and I pull into the driveway and something doesn't look right. No truck in the driveway... the blinds are closed... and it is dark inside. I am thinking OH NO... they are not home but praying that they just over slept. Well no one answers the door and the neighbor says they are not home yet. They are still on vacation and wouldn't be coming home until tonight! WHAT!! I don't think they realized that even though the students don't have school today... teachers had to report to work (teacher work day). On top of that, I don't have anyone else to watch DD. My mom is out of town and DH's mom is in China on vacation. My dad was off today... but he is an alcoholic and I would NEVER leave DD with him.

So... I called my boss and she let me bring DD in for 1/2 a day so I could get my ordering done for next year (everyone in the district is supposed to order ALL materials we need for the next school year today). So I took DD with me for 1/2 a day and then I had to take 1/2 a personal day! It was CRAZY! DD was not a happy 2 year old. Plus, she made a HUGE mess in my room! Oh well... at least everything worked out... but what a day!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 5th, 2010, 12:28 PM
krystal g's Avatar Happy to be a SAHM!
That sucks! But at least you were able to get your ordering done.

My blog!
April 5th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I'm sure it was a crazy day for you. I can't imagine bringing my 2 year old to work with me.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 5th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
oh gosh - sounds like a bit of a stresser for you!!

April 6th, 2010, 01:57 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Oh man, that is craziness! I can only imagine.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search