Can't take this anxiety anymore :(

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate this .....I had my NT scan last Mon, and the results were good...they said the heart beat was "Normal" so that bothered me that they didn't give me a heartrate ..... the sono was 3 measly minutes but I didn't think the baby was moving enough and the tech said it was just fine...now for a week I haven't felt any movement...I was feeling increased movement since 10 weeks and now nothing that I am sure of anymore ....in my head, it is gone ....I don't have another appt for 3 more wks....how can I wait that long to find out ....My DH says the baby is fine and I need to stop stressing...I WISH I could!!!!!!!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 6th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
(((hugs))) I know too well how the anxiety goes.. I have an anxiety disorder, and when you add that to the 'usual' pregnant-after-loss anxiety, it is pretty out of the ball park. I wish I could tell you HOW to stop stressing, and HOW to think positive, but I don't know how to do either of those things myself..... I started feeling movement with Emersyn at 10 weeks - and in the early days would sometimes go a few days without feeling anything... there were a LOT of times, I convinced myself that Emersyn was no longer 'there'....

I hope the next weeks go fast for you, and you are able to be given some reassurance. Is there any way you could contact your ob & explain how anxious you are, so you could seei f you could go in for a quick listen to the heartbeat?

April 6th, 2010, 07:01 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! Don't worry about consistent movement too much right now. Mine was VERY hit and miss when I first started feeling it. I didn't feel it more consistently until 16-17 weeks. I know it's such a hard time right now! I'm glad to hear the exam went well....that's a huge milestone even if it was a short exam.

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

April 6th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum2Gaby&Emersyn View Post
(((hugs))) I know too well how the anxiety goes.. I have an anxiety disorder, and when you add that to the 'usual' pregnant-after-loss anxiety, it is pretty out of the ball park. I wish I could tell you HOW to stop stressing, and HOW to think positive, but I don't know how to do either of those things myself..... I started feeling movement with Emersyn at 10 weeks - and in the early days would sometimes go a few days without feeling anything... there were a LOT of times, I convinced myself that Emersyn was no longer 'there'....

I hope the next weeks go fast for you, and you are able to be given some reassurance. Is there any way you could contact your ob & explain how anxious you are, so you could seei f you could go in for a quick listen to the heartbeat?

I also have an anxiety dissorder..so I know what you mean about being " out of the ballpark"...I was actually thinking about calling the OB to see if I could get a quick listen....Oh and I also stopped my progesterone 1&1/2 wks ago so that is also adding to the anxiety....I asked them to give me a quick progesterone draw the other day but they said that was "Not Needed" cause the palcenta takes over at this point....WHAT IF IT HASN'T????? UGHHHHH

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 6th, 2010, 07:20 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They didn't tell me the heart rate at my NT scan either. And my baby wasn't super active either.

But....

I would call and ask to come in for a quick listen to the HB. Mainly because it isn't worth you being so stressed over. It's such a quick way to get reassurance. Happy mommy will mean happy baby

I still listen with my doppler twice a day. I would be bonkers without it.

Lots of

PAL is so hard

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

April 6th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Regular
It would be so nice if we had a little window that we could use to look in on our babies and make sure everything is ok. Not knowing is the worse. So sorry you are going through this right now.

April 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Bobbie is right...PAL IS SO HARD....
put in a call to your dr. to ease your mind....Honestly, it really is early to be feeling movement....I had rumblings and popping sensations early, but now know that it was too early for it to have been Katie. so mama, take a deep breath and stay positive....

April 7th, 2010, 06:50 AM
krystal g's Avatar Happy to be a SAHM!
HUGS to you. I know, it's so hard.

I highly recommend buy (or renting) a doppler. Even a cheap one will do. Just anything so you can get some peace of mind at home. I have no idea how I would have gotten through this without mine. And even now, I still listen to his hb every few days or so. It's helped me so much.

My blog!
April 7th, 2010, 10:51 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Big hugs! I actually just posted this same thing in my DDC, because I felt the baby at 13 weeks off and on all day and for the last 2 weeks, not so much. I am now almost 17 weeks and it was freaking me out. I did have an OB appt last week, and heard the hb so that reassured me but this week again, not a lot of movement going on. AND on every u/s (3 so far) baby has not been very active, just moving hands occasionally. So....I feel your pain. And I am not diagnosed with anxiety yet, but I am pretty sure I have a lot more than the average person. So I just wanted to say hang in there, I think we all worry about the same thing on this board!!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

April 7th, 2010, 10:58 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
to what all the other girls said. Best of luck to you.

April 7th, 2010, 01:26 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that sometimes feeling baby moving can come and go early on. It definitely doesn't make it easy on you! Also, my OB never tells me baby's heartbeat. And I am normally to happy from hearing it to remember to ask! Try to take it easy! When I am stressed I try to plan something fun to distract myself!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 7th, 2010, 01:44 PM
GeekMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honey, its a scary scary thing. I wouldn't be to worried about the movement either. I can barely feel little flutters where I am.

They still haven't told me a heat rate either. My tech kept asking me if I was having any pain or bleeding and he asked like 5 times, I started freaking out. Then I asked him why he was saying that and he was just concerned with it cause I had had losses and since I was having an ultrasound so early.

Honestly dont worry honey. If something was wrong you would know, and they would tell you. Could you call the doctor? I am sure he/she has info on you ultrasounds and maybe she can tell you what is going on?

April 7th, 2010, 06:49 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGs!!! i know its hard not to worry! you may want to get a doppler to help you - it keeps me from going crazy! mine was only $35 (anglesounds) and works great! i didnt feel regular movement until 16 week before that it was very on and off, with ds it wasnt reg until 19 weeks. def call your ob tho....let him know your concerns and anxiety - and get a h/b listen!
April 7th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls....I haven't called my OB yet cause DH had a wonderful day planned for us and I didn't wanna ruin it over won of my panic attacks I also don't want my OB to think I am the girl who gried wolf...My OB is a VERY busy office and they hosnestly don't even remember you from visit to visit half the time ...I know it sounds bad but I tried to try anothe DR who was very attentive but he had other issues I couldn't deal with...So I don't have any the more mental energy to try and find another OB....However, I was at a very quiet park today and actually had a few minutes of sitting there quietly w/ the breeze blowing (I never get to sit quietly) and I felt the feeling...It was a few minutes after I ate and it was on & off for about a minute...I was convinced that was the baby and looked up to the sky and said "Thank You God"...but ofcoarse now 10 hours later I am doubting what I felt agian...Uggghhhhhhhh....I really need to get a doppler

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 8th, 2010, 08:54 AM
For what it's worth, sometimes not feeling anything is a GOOD thing! For example, I felt a lot of twinges at 13 - 15 wks. The drs thought I was nuts, it was gas etc - until they went to do the doppler and couldn't locate them. Finally I pointed and was like "Down there" and BOOM BOOM BOOM! I could point to where they were exactly. I was so SO low that the beasties were at my cervix and squirming away. Now I'm at 18weeks and I hardly ever feel them. I was fretting about it - but at my Tuesday visit it's because they moved UP! Thats what wonderful healthy babes do, they migrate north - and all that good placenta fluid is cushioning them, and your uterus is getting BIGGER - which all means that you are healthy and that they are ok.

You have a choice each day to believe the best, or the worst. And as hard as it is to believe the best - believing the worst wont change the outcome. So instead say "this is out of my hands" and do what you can to relax. Sit and imagine that the baby is floating happily along in your big ol womb. And I'm soory you are worried. ( It's hard not to be...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search