Any Reason for Concern??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
So I had my 3rd u/s this morning and we got to see the little heart beating away!! I do of course have a concern/worry!! I've gone every week - the first Wednesday the baby measured 6 weeks 1 day, the second week 7 weeks 1 day and today should have been 8 weeks 1 day - well the baby is measuring 7 weeks 6 days. I went into panic mode and the dr said its more then fine - he said that would be like saying every kid in 3rd grade should be the same height and size. I said are you sure its nothing to be concerned about and he said absolutely not he said its more then fine. I know its only a 2 day difference but after 3 m/c's of course I would have preferred to see 8 weeks 1 day. Just wondering if this is normal and okay to be off - I need alittle reassurance.

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
April 26th, 2006, 05:34 AM
hopin4a4rth
that's very okay! I understand your concern though. But all it takes is the slightest bit off w/ the measuring to change it by a day or two. It sounds like your baby is growing perfectly!!!
April 26th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am like you, I would be concerened too, but wrongfully so. 2 days is nothing, but anything not "ideally perfect" would have me worried. I measured up to a week off at my first couple ultra sounds, but then around 12 weeks everything measured fine from then on. My dr told me that early in the pg, the measurments can be just a tad off and throw off a due date by up to 2 weeks! She said if my u/s due date was more than 2 weeks off, they would schedule another u/s to make sure the measurments were accurate the first time, and if they were still off, they would change my due date. But this only happens if it is 2 weeks or more off, not 2 days- so try not to worry!
I am glad to hear there was still a little heartbeat- that is the best news of the day!!!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
April 26th, 2006, 10:19 AM
soontobemommyto3
baby could be due for a growth spurt and who knows by tomorros he/she might be 8w3d! Also these ultrasounds are 100% perfect. It is kind of hard to measure something so small.

I measured a little ahead in the beginning now I'm measuring a few days behind. Nothing to worry about. As long as it isn't like a week off, then everything is OK.

Glad you got to see beanie's heart beating. When do you pass the farthest you have gotten? I'll be thinking of you!
April 26th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Ahhh my favorite ladies - thank you all for sharing your stories so I can calm down!! I guess we'll see where the baby is come a week from today but I feel alittle better so thanks!

Susan for your question - we've made it past the furthest we've gotten!! The last two times we made it to the first u/s which was alittle over 6 weeks and then we had the loss so we're past that point!! We've made it to u/s number 3 already!!! Keep thinking those good thoughts for me, they're working!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
April 26th, 2006, 05:28 PM
soontobemommyto3
That is great news! And a great milestone!!! I have good feelings for you on this pregnancy. Making it to 8 weeks and seeing the h/b really brings down your chances of m/c.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search