14 weeks and still scared.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
GeekMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that the risk of losing the baby is low now that I am 14 almost 15 weeks. But, I'm so scared that the baby is just going to stop growing like last time. I carried to 8 weeks and started bleeding and the U/S showed me only being 5 weeks pregnant.

I mean i heard a heartbeat last week. Apparently my baby is about 3-4 inches long and it doesn't feel like he/she could be. I had a U/S at 8 weeks and was measuring right on schedule.

I guess I am mainly scared cause I still haven't quit smoking. I feel freaking terrible. I just have so much going on that the habit is taking over. Good thing the BF is not buying any more smokes and he is quitting too.

Ugh, I hate this feeling. I don't think I am going to be able to calm down til this baby is safely in my arms.

April 9th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
what you're feeling is very normal hun... I know that for me, I didn't really start feeling confident about this pregnancy, until I reached around 24 weeks - and Emersyn was kicking me a lot during the day - and very hard... Even now though (29w), I still have my freakouts, if she has a quieter day than is usual (like today, ugh), or if I have a weird pain - even if it only lasts for 10 seconds.....

It's so hard to be positive.... you *know* that chances of m/c are now low, but it is so much harder getting into the mindset of "I am going to bring my baby home".... & that's why we're all here - freak out as much as you want to with us - we all understand!!!!!

April 9th, 2010, 09:57 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's definitely so up and down at 14 weeks! Even though you are past the "big" milestone of the first trimester, it's still nerve wracking. I tried to stay as busy as I could during that time. Also, you may just be a few weeks away from actually feeling the little bean. I started feeling my baby at 16 weeks which was reassuring (but don't worry if you don't feel it then...that's kinda on the early side).

Take care of yourself and good luck quitting smoking. It's a really important thing to do for you and your baby! Don't give up! And don't be afaid to ask for outside help if you need it.

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

April 11th, 2010, 11:21 PM
GeekMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, baby has a nickname already and that is "Thumper". He/She also seem to like to swim back and forth from one side of my uterus to the other. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search