A little worried...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just went to the bathroom and had a lot of c/m with a little bit of brown discharge. I'm not sure if I've had cramping or not.

I'm worried. This is the first time I've had this... anyone else experience this????

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

April 26th, 2006, 12:46 PM
hopin4a4rth
yes. I've had that before w/ pregnancies that have lasted & w/ my m/c's. Brown blood = old blood and most places say it's 'ok'. You might want to call your Dr and mention it tho since you have a history of m/c's.

I know you must be worried and I hope everything is ok.
April 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Veteran
The doctor gets paid the big bucks so that you can call him/her! Seriously, pregnancy after loss is stressful enough! Hopefully your mind will be put at rest after a phone call.

Take gentle care of yourself and your little bean.

April 26th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didnt have any spotting or cramping with Ethan. The one I miscarried, the only symptom I had of a mc was brown discharge- but my dr and everyone around me asssured me it was fine. They all said, "brown blood is not only ok, but it is very normal." Unfortunately for me, it wasnt and I miscarried at 11 weeks.

So with this pregnancy, I started noticing brown discharge around 6 weeks and immediately thought I was miscarrying. Every couple days I would spot and on some days it was streaky pink and on others it was bright red. It wasnt ever a whole lot, usually a trip or 2 to the bathroom for a quick wipe got it all and I never needed a pantyliner or pad. But it started being accompanied by cramps- little twinges that I thought were normal and then it escalated into full blown af cramps. They never lasted long, maybe a couple minutes, and I always noticed the bleeding and cramping went away if I stayed off my feet for a while.

Also, sex made me spot, so we were told to hold off on any action til 12 weeks, which wasnt a problem for me- that was a great vacation! Rob on the other hand, had a tough time with that! I stopped spotting from 11 weeks on, until we had sex for the first time at 12 weeks, then I had some that night, but havent had any since. I do get cramps still sometimes- again, nothing really bad, just a quick second or two of what af feels like and then its gone. Its worse if I need to pee.

So basically, I thought with my history that cramps meant mc, but in this case, it was fine. I would call your dr and take it easy.

Keep us posted!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
April 26th, 2006, 05:29 PM
soontobemommyto3
I had brown blood with my first at 16 weeks and everything turned out fine. I also had brown blood with my baby I lost and well, I lost her.

Definately call your DR. Maybe he'll slip you in for an u/s and make sure everything is ok.
April 27th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I haven't had any since... I'm going to try to stay off my feel today as much as possible (even though today is a CRAZY DAY and tomorrow too)... but I'm going to do my best. If it happens again, I may ring the doctor's office. I am going to try not to worry... especially since it only happened that one time, and it wasn't much at all. Thanks for your words of advice.

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

April 27th, 2006, 04:56 AM
hopin4a4rth
Good idea to try to rest as much as possible & keep an eye on it. Hope that it doesn't happen again.
April 27th, 2006, 07:15 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad it was a little bit and I hope that it stays gone, if it continues I would for sure call your dr. Please rest up and take care!!

April 27th, 2006, 07:33 AM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had a grand total of 7 or 8 spotting "episodes" this pregnancy. The most they can figure is that it is my fibroid - they can cause spotting. I had brown with my loss - but it was quickly followed by BLINDING pain and then the loss.
Call your doctor, my office knows my voice now Even just to hear someone say not to worry sometimes helps.
Glad you are getting rest and everything cleared up

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search