Packing my bag!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2010, 05:58 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I still have lots of time, but I like to be prepared. I went shopping last night and bought a few things to pack.

Not all of these will go in my bag of course. But it's a list of everything I plan on taking!

So here is my list so far
1. PJ's
2. Body wash
3. Going home outfit for mommy
4. 2 toothbrushes (1 for Daddy)
5. toothpaste
6. deodorant
7. brush
8. shampoo
9. conditioner
11. make-up
12. slippers
13. socks
14. camera
15. video camera
16. battery charger
17. video tape
18. laptop
19. money for vending machines
20. cell phone
21. cell phone charger
22. comfy nursing bra or sports bra
23. underwear
24. Gift for Abrielle
25. paper and pencil to track feedings
26. infant car seat
27. Going home outfit for baby
28. receiving blanket
29. baby book
30. change of clothes for DH.
31. shorts for DH to sleep in.

I like the idea of taking a gift for DD. I read about it online. This way DD doesn't feel left out when she visits at the hospital.

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 11th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here a few more suggestions. Pillow and blanket for DH, snacks for DH and for you after you have baby. Also take wipes, and the kind of pads you prefer.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

April 11th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjonmom View Post
Here a few more suggestions. Pillow and blanket for DH, snacks for DH and for you after you have baby. Also take wipes, and the kind of pads you prefer.
Ohh... definitely want to take pads... and wipes. The hospital we are going to is really great to the Dad's. It was just built in 2008 (my DD was the 8th baby born there) and is beautiful. I had the best experience there! There food is great and they They have a great couch that folds out into a full size bed for Dad's and supply pillows and blankets. DH said it was pretty comfy last time. I was going to take change for vending machines so he can have snacks. They also have a cafe and coffee place he can go to from 6 am to 6:30 pm. They also let me order food after DD was born (and she was born at 9:30 at night). So I don't think I have to worry about that. And if I do... I will be having DH run and get me food or my mom and dad

Thanks for the ideas! Anyone else have any??

April 11th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
some more things:
nursig pads
diapers for baby

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 11th, 2010, 08:49 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How old is your DD? Cori was almost 3 and the hospital suggested a way of introducing her to the new little one which I thought was great. We had the nurse take Ana for a few minutes and had Cori come in and see us. We asked her if she wanted to meet her sister (it also allowed us to get cameras and video ready). Then we had the nurse bring Ana in and hand her to me and Cori (sitting on the bed with me). I was worried about Cori feeling like she had been replaced, but it all went really well.

We also told the whole family that Cori got to meet her first, which made some family members mad since they had to wait, but that is how I wanted it.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
April 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
How old is your DD? Cori was almost 3 and the hospital suggested a way of introducing her to the new little one which I thought was great. We had the nurse take Ana for a few minutes and had Cori come in and see us. We asked her if she wanted to meet her sister (it also allowed us to get cameras and video ready). Then we had the nurse bring Ana in and hand her to me and Cori (sitting on the bed with me). I was worried about Cori feeling like she had been replaced, but it all went really well.

We also told the whole family that Cori got to meet her first, which made some family members mad since they had to wait, but that is how I wanted it.
I don't have any other kids but just wanted to say that I loved how you introduced the girls. I bet it made Cori feel special and really included. Very cool.

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

April 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post

I love that idea!! And it is very cool that you have a video of it!

Abrielle is 2, she will be around 2 1/2 when the baby comes. I am sooo worried she will feel left out when the baby comes. I am already having a hard time thinking about being away from her over night. We have never left her over night before. I pray I don't have to have a c-section because that means I would probably be away from her longer, right I didn't have to have one with Abrielle so hopefully everything will go the same.

April 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
Robe.... Since if you walk around.. it might be nice to have a warm robe on top of your nightgown..

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
April 11th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
sounds like you're set!!!

April 11th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, sounds like you are organised! I am usually a super organised person but I have only just started to pack mine. The babies bag is packed but I can't finish mine completely as I still need to wear some of the clothes I intend to pack!

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

April 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
it looks like you have everything covered !
I had a list too...but had to go straight to L & D after a dr. appt and had nothing with me...ugh....Mick grabbed a few things for me though the next day....(it was a long rough night)

the hospital should supply diapers and wipes for the baby, they told us to clean out the isolet when we left, and trust me, we did !...lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search