What do I do with DD when I go into labor??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I have been having some freak out moments about going into labor. DH asked me today if we had a plan and I was thinking, um NO. I am worried about what to do with DD. I know that typically you have some time before you go into active labor. BUT.... if this baby's labor is the same as with my DD than I won't have time to get her where she needs to be. With DD, I started getting sick on a Wednesday. I went to work and felt awful. I ended up throwing up in my car on the way home. I called my OB and he said if I was still sick on Sunday to go to the hospital because he would be there that day. Well, I felt awful the rest of the week. DH and I went to a movie on Saturday night (Juno) and my back really ached and I still felt awful. So we headed up to the hospital on Sunday and got there around noon. Well, within a half hour of getting there my water broke and contractions started. Within minutes they were REALLY painful contractions. I also had back labor so there was no break between contractions. I asked for an epidural right away because there was NO break between contractions. When I didn't feel them in my stomach, I felt intense pain in my back. I was fully dialated by 7:30ish and started pushing soon after that. DD was born around 9:30pm. So even though there was 9 hours between my water breaking and DD being born, if my labor is the same (especially pain level) I just don't know how I will get Abrielle to where she needs to be to be taken care of!

So, anyone out their have a plan for their other children for when they go into labor?? and if so, what is it?

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 11th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
My Mum or Dad will have her - depending on if my sister is up or not (if I go into labour on my own, she probably won't be here)...

But I'm starting to freak out, about if things happen really fast, or my parents happen to be away and I go into labour early-early... I think I may need to talk to the guy that lives across the drive from me, and ask him that if the unthinkable happens, if he can take care of Gaby until my parents arrive... I'm sure they won't go out of town, BUT you never know.. the day they decide to go for a 2 hour drive, may be the day I decide to go into labour on my own

April 11th, 2010, 04:44 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea yet, but I am lucky in that I have family close by and older kids who could watch him if they have to. If it really comes down to it and this baby is coming fast, we will just bring him with us and have family meet us there.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

April 11th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it possible you could have someone come over to your place or as Bobbie suggested someone meet you at the hospital if it happens that quickly?

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

April 11th, 2010, 04:59 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess the good thing is that my parents live like a minute away from us so my mom could be at our house in a matter of minutes. I guess I worry more about me being at work and DD being at the baby sitter. No one else has a car seat so how would they go pick her up? My main fear is what will happen if labor comes on quickly like it did with DD.

Also, my parents are not actually the ones who are supposed to take care of DD. My MIL is supposed to take her while we are at the hospital (and I prefer it that way). My dad is an alcoholic and he can get mean when he drinks. Not that he would ever yell at Abrielle.... but he yells at my mom constantly and I don't want Abrielle being around him when he is like that for a minute! But... my MIL is ALWAYS traveling. She was supposed to take DD overnight as a trial run over our spring break. She told us she would, but then ended up taking a trip to China! She is hardly ever home and can be hard to reach. AHHHHHHH.... I think I might need to have some back up people just in case.

Emma... I hope your parents decide to stick around town after you are full term! I am hoping that my MIL does too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bobbie* View Post
I have no idea yet, but I am lucky in that I have family close by and older kids who could watch him if they have to. If it really comes down to it and this baby is coming fast, we will just bring him with us and have family meet us there.
I think we will probably have to take DD and have someone meet us if labor comes on fast again. I hate the idea of Abrielle seeing me in pain though

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 11th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Perhaps have a talk with Abrielle, so she has a vague idea of what to expect when you do go into labour, particularly if she has to be with you when it starts getting really painful.... maybe find a book about birth? or explain as best you can, about the pain - and that it's not BAD pain, it's good pain, and the pain helps Mummy's tummy push the baby out.... or something like that....

April 12th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I'm lucky that my BIL lives next door to us and my parent's are only 5 minutes away. So if anything should happen either one can come real quick and watch the kids for us. With my history though, chances are that I will be induced (as much as I am praying that it won't happen this time).

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 12th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
We had a friend take her. I was induced, though, so it was like "we'll drop her of at this time, and then head to the hospital."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search