How do you get passed the scared feeling

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2010, 11:08 AM
*Maddie&Jacobs*Mommy*'s Avatar Loving my babies
Send a message via AIM to *Maddie&Jacobs*Mommy*
Hi. I'm Megan and I just found out that I am pregnant again. While we were trying, it's kind of a shock this month because I really didn't feel that I ovulated.

I had a m/c in January, and I am scared to death about this pregnancy. I am 11 DPO now... so I know it's early, but I am already feeling tired/nauseaus/pulling cramps, and I know that is a good sign... but I can't help but to just worry. I don't even feel like I can be excited yet.... How did you ladies get past that fear and be excited?

Thank you Babydoll213 for my awesome siggy
April 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For me the excitement has slowly crept in while the worry has very slowly crept out. I know I will never be as excited as I would like about this pregnancy but as somewho who has had multiple miscarriages... the only thing that helps is time.

Take things one day at a time and soon you will find the days fade into weeks and all of a sudden you are hittign all the milestones you set for yourself (past your loss date, then finished the first trimester, etc).

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

April 12th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I agree with Michelle, just take one day at a time. Sometimes it even helps to think of it as minute by minute, and hour by hour, if you are having a really nervous day. Good luck, hun!!

April 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations!

I agree about taking it a day at a time. I have found it is near impossible to NOT be scared, particularly in the first trimester... Slowly I have started getting more confident about the pregnancy, but that didn't really start happening until I reached around 20 weeks & I started getting a lot of regular, hard kicks....

April 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely take one day at a time. For me, it also helped me to keep busy! I had lots of projects going during the first trimester of this pregnancy to keep my mind off of what could happen. Typically once I get past the first trimester, I feel much better.

I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 12th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Congrats on your BFP! All you can really do is take it one day at a time. There will be good days and there will be bad days, but at some point you just have to stop worrying or you'll go insane. The first trimester is always the hardest and I guess every time you reach a milestone it helps a lot.
Wishing you a H&H 9 months!!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 13th, 2010, 08:14 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I look forward to milestones throughout the first trimester. Waiting only a week or so is a lot easier than waiting for 10-11 weeks. Here are some of my milestones

Getting good beta results
seeing a gestational sac
seeing/hearing a heartbeat
passing 8 weeks ( my 2nd loss was at 8 weeks)
hearing hb with doppler
passing 12 weeks (my 1st loss was at 12 weeks)
NT scan
second trimester

I haven't passed any of these milestones yet this pregnancy but I have gone in for my first beta and they are also testing my progesterone level. 15 weeks will also be a huge milestone for me since that is when we said goodbye ti Lilly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search